cMUD help

Started by OSOK, January 21, 2014, 09:11:36 PM

I hope no one minds that I'm looking for basic info on cMUD here... it's frustrating the crap out of me and can't find an answer.

When I make changes to the package (the timestamp background color, for example), it doesn't save it.  Next time I restart cMUD it's back to the original setting.

Again, my apologies if this isn't the right forum for this.

Thank you!

I've never used CMud but I used to use ZMud, which is made by the same people (Zuggsoft). Did you save the world first? It's probably right at the top left of the client. Just like other software programs - it's pretty standardized.

File>Save As

And then it defaults to the file library within the CMud subdirectory, usually in the Worlds sub-subdirectory, and you get a buffer where you type in the name of the world (which would be Armageddon).

If it's not exactly that, it should be something similar.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

No avail.  Alas, the documentation on this is pathetic.

Help files:
http://www.zuggsoft.com/files/zManual.rtf

Look at character settings (MUD)
and character settings (CHARACTER)

That's the RTF format, but the same files -should- be present right on your client in HTML. Problem with RTF is you can't expand or click on any hyperlinks because RTF doesn't use hyperlinks, and the formatting is weird-looking.

Can you give exact details of what you are doing, and what is not working in CMud?
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Lizzie, thank you, but that help file doesn't translate very well to cMUD. IE: there's not even a "new character" option in cMUD.

Incognito:
I simply want to open a package, change the options in it (like the background of the timestamp, for example), and save it, so next time I open the sessions that uses that package, the options I changed now show.

Thank you Lizzie.  It's still cryptic, but making it work.  At least I can get the trigger to work.

Still figuring out the timestamp bit...  Thank you all.