Dearest Ginka

Started by Cabooze, January 20, 2014, 03:26:21 AM

Is it just me, or did it just go down? I can't connect to www.armageddon.org or the game.

It goes back up in like 30 seconds.
This is magnificent, and it's true! It never happened, yet it is still true! What magic art is this?
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadowtruths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. Sandman

Not just you broksy. The worst part is being with people in a dangerous area, having something dangerous happen.. and then the server crashes and you're not sure if you're going to repop back in shitsville on login.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Nah.

I get 19 hops, then go into a two address loop...

No idea, and no access.

January 20, 2014, 03:33:52 AM #4 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:35:43 AM by Cabooze
My roleplays...  :'( Please, resurrect Ginka.

I am looking at a very boring night, otherwise.

Whoa, I login and everyone are dead. I guess it's my lucky time. LOOTING TIME! 

Ginka, why do you hate us?

Grrr....

*sigh of relief*

Nothing important was on the ground this time.

Quote from: Kronibas on January 20, 2014, 04:16:55 AM
*sigh of relief*

Yeah, doesn't it just irk you when you have to walk around with no pants waiting for that reimbursement request to go through just because it was Pants Off Detal in your tribe.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Like all my glowing steel nipple rings and copper buttplugs.

Quote from: Bushranger on January 20, 2014, 04:22:54 AM
Quote from: Kronibas on January 20, 2014, 04:16:55 AM
*sigh of relief*

Yeah, doesn't it just irk you when you have to walk around with no pants waiting for that reimbursement request to go through just because it was Pants Off Detal in your tribe.

There was this Pretty Big RPT somewhere with Lots of people "a while back" where I realized my dude wasn't wearing pants because of having them repaired.  I didn't notice this maybe an hour into the deal, heh, and nonchalantly left for a while to go get pants. 

Haha, I've forgotten to put pants on going out to spar with the soldiers. No one noticed.. or they just didn't say anything.
Death is only the beginning...

gameisdownwhenisgamenotdown
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Well, the website is up now.. But not the game. Why tease us? So cruel. :(

I'm literally shaking from withdrawal here.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

..I refuse to sleep until I can log in..

Armageddon's website is back up. I Imagine the game will go up soon as well. You guys can go to sleep now.

I hope it's nothing too bad.  MLK day is today, so I'm suspecting there will high traffic in the game.  Hopefully it will get fixed soon!

I just woke up to see that it is down.  It should be coming back up now!

I will be looking into what happened right away.  Thanks!

Quote from: Nathvaan on January 20, 2014, 06:18:52 AM
I just woke up to see that it is down.  It should be coming back up now!

I will be looking into what happened right away.  Thanks!

Thank you very much!

Apparently it's a scheduled downtime.  Global echo said to log out.

Quote from: redkank on January 20, 2014, 06:31:19 AM
Apparently it's a scheduled downtime.  Global echo said to log out.

Nah, there was something wrong for sure but needed to do maintenance this morning anyway.

It seems there was a problem at the hosting provider which we will be looking into.  It's good that these kinds of things are a rare occurrence!

Regardless, it is up and running once again!

Hmm...Curiously, I am currently getting 'security error' messages when trying to connect through the website's client, but a separate client is working fine.

I am also getting a security error / timeout when trying to connect with the fmud client from the frontpage
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Fixed

-Ginka
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff