Speedplay

Started by FantasyWriter, January 17, 2014, 09:25:10 PM

January 20, 2014, 01:20:03 AM #25 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:21:51 AM by Classclown
My all-time favorite would actually be a lone astronaut that crash lands on Zalanthas, the ship sinking into the silt and the guy barely making it to the shore. I know impossible, but one can dream. He would likely die quickly, though so it fits.

Reminds me of the Luke Skywalker v. Lirathan crossover story a staffer wrote a few years ago.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The best speedplays are raiders of some kind.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Since my playtimes are so low, I might start churning out disposable characters that exist simply to attempt assassination on PC templars and nobles.

January 20, 2014, 01:18:38 PM #29 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:21:03 PM by Potaje
Gladiator mul, that snaps in the city and tries to battle out to freedom.
Or
A Cultist for some imagined new religion, trying to build a flock to depose the control of the Highlord/Sunking.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

A templar's swooning, squealing, obsessive fan girl. Bury your face in their cast off clothes and inhale deeply...follow them in a really obvious way when they're out on the town...hire bards to compose terrible love ballads (or undertake that noble art yourself)...try to bribe other templars to let you into the compound so you can "clean their room"...the possibilities for creepiness are endless.
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Quote from: Evoru on January 20, 2014, 10:40:22 PM
A templar's swooning, squealing, obsessive fan girl. Bury your face in their cast off clothes and inhale deeply...follow them in a really obvious way when they're out on the town...hire bards to compose terrible love ballads (or undertake that noble art yourself)...try to bribe other templars to let you into the compound so you can "clean their room"...the possibilities for creepiness are endless.

I want to do this!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on January 21, 2014, 07:28:20 AM

I want to do this!

Longest lived char ever.  +2 karma if you make them filthy rats.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I feel like this thread was created for me. I'm somewhat of an expert of fast paced short lived PCs. Not sure if that is something I should brag about.

1. City-elf assassin in either city. From hour 0 you're convinced that you're the greatest gift to the shadows since Tek himself. You can drop anyone at any given time. They cross you. They're dead.

2. You're a master burgalar. You've got 24 hours to come up with the <insert noble house jewels>. If you do not? Repercussions.

3. An entire tribe's existence is hanging onto your choices. You've got to find a way to prolong their existence in the world. Find a home. Make friends. Destroy your enemies.

4. You're a sewer horror. <race=HG mutant> <guild=ranger> <subguild=scavenger>. You only climb out of the depths at night. You wreak havoc and return home.

A mundane who thinks he's a magicker. He carries pocketsful of weird little objects and gets a gem.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I'm pretty sure Fathi did that for my templar a couple years ago.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

A human being, obsessed with forks. Eventually he tries to kill a random person over them.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: i love toilets on January 23, 2014, 02:28:04 AM
A human being, obsessed with forks. Eventually he tries to kill a random person over them.

The person would need to be named Horripilation.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Pick-pocket, spice-smuggling/dealing elf with annoying tics, like twitching.

say (rage and annoyance tinging his voice as his eyes burn with rage) No! FORK YOUUUUUU!
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on January 23, 2014, 03:45:46 AM

say (rage and annoyance tinging his voice as his eyes burn with rage) No! FORK YOUUUUUU!

That's it. Forks have to become backstabbing weapons.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: valeria on January 19, 2014, 12:41:53 PM
A dirty beggar.  Create, junk all starting gear but clothing, park inside or outside of a tavern and try to survive on handouts.  I thinkI'd find it hard to play one for more than two weeks, but those two weeks would be awesome.

I've played this... and it lasted for several months.  First few months just living off of begging.  Then he got bribes to just tell people things he has heard... then he got brought into peoples clans and such (then robbed them blind and left).  It was quite entertaining.

Mine would have to be some sort of raider, but the problem is I have a hard time just playing something that short because it is underdeveloped.  Something with a sickness...  maybe a special app or some sort.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

In this setting? I'd probably play myself.  :P

I actually like speed playing -- I get the feeling it doesn't get you noticed much, but when I actually do get around to playing, I feel those characters have way more flavor and oomph to them than a long-lived 'dedicated' character.

Let's see, some things I would try...

1.  A very noisy cult worshipper -- Cuz in a world that sucks, somebody is gonna find religion in the desert, whether the Sorcerer King likes it or not
2.  An expeditionist intent on discovering the lost secrets of Steinal   (actually, this sounds like an interesting long-term char, but we all know how this is gonna end)
3.  A mutant and rather mean-spirited Rinther
4.  A sheltered child with a NapoleonTemplar complex
5.  The town drunk
6.  A really, really bad poet who thinks he's the finest artisan to have ever uttered a rhyme

A Raider.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The Zalanthian equivalent of everybody's favorite psychopath...

Whatever happens, happens.

A George of the Jungle guy who is a spec app who lives with gortoks in their dens, can't speak any languages and just wears crude furs.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: TheWanderer on January 28, 2014, 06:57:42 PM
The Zalanthian equivalent of everybody's favorite psychopath...

Grand Theft Beetle?
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

The last of my family has disappeared for reasons that I, a young man/woman so insane as to be incapable of any more than basic work, have no conception of at all. I've decided to go and pursue my dream, now that my family can't exactly tell me not to and no one mentioned anything about after they were dead except several instances of "Don't you freakin' dare go do that thing you've always wanted to do if we happen to be gone one day and leave you alone," but, hey, that is obviously so generalized so that it could mean anything.

Anyway, here I am, pursuing my life-long dream of sneaking past apartment renters, breaking into peoples' rooms, touching their belongings, and watching them as they sleep. Watching them for hours. Touch their belongings some more. Eat a piece of meat I found in a bag. Watch them some more.

And then as they wake up I'll be hiding inside a container and watch them some more! And watch them and listen to them until they leave. Or bring a prostitute in. Yeah. That's kind of a deal killer, so, I'll bust out of the container and run for the door if that ever happens. I'll scream lots and lots, in order to create confusion and make my presence less noticeable.

And no one will ever catch me!

A former slave who now goes around trying to free every slave he sees, but not before he tells their owners that they are morally reprehensible.
BURM