Vial/poison

Started by Spazzy, January 11, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

So I think the last topic was closed and all they said was 'find out IC' Which makes no sense when I am asking for for commands. So, because that OOC info, I need to know oocly. No I'm reiterating, I have poison and I can't use it to poison anything. It's like an expensive paper weight.

There are a few different types of "vials."  Some are poison, some are perfume, some are smelling salts (there are probably others).  Without knowing exactly which type you're messing with, we can't tell you what the problem is...which is okay, because we don't want to know.  That's an "e-mail the staff and find out" type of thing.

That being said, if you're brewing vials of liquid stuff with the "brew" command, you're creating things that need to be poured into another liquid container using the 'pour' command.  What exactly that -does- is up to you to find out IC.  If it seems like said action is doing nothing at all, maybe it really is doing nothing at all, and that's the intent.  Maybe it's doing something and you're just unaware of what the effect is, for whatever reason.  At any rate, I can say this:  1) the system was working as intended the last time I used it and 2) we aren't going to spell it out for you.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

If you are having trouble with specific items with your current PC, your best option is to send a request in to staff explaining your issue.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The thing is, I know what it does. If you eat the tablet, it puts you to sleep. So, the vial does the same thing.

This is not something to be discussing on the GDB.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: Spazzy on January 11, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
The thing is, I know what it does. If you eat the tablet, it puts you to sleep. So, the vial does the same thing.
Seriously, find out IC. Go talk to a medicine man and learn what you're dealing with.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: evilcabbage on January 11, 2014, 05:17:44 PM
This is not something to be discussing on the GDB.
Quote from: bcw81 on January 11, 2014, 05:19:24 PM
Quote from: Spazzy on January 11, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
Seriously, find out IC. Go talk to a medicine man and learn what you're dealing with.

Like everyone else said it's an issue that you should contact your friendly local staff or if possible, (the staff might say the same) find out IC.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

If you are having command issues with a specific item, shoot a request to your staff. If you are unsure what something does IC, you're going to have to figure it out in-game.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

If you want to drink the vial. You can "quaff vial"

Any other use, you're better of finding out IC or via sending a question to staff. Let's just say you're in the realm of one of those topics where you either need an IC mentor, or a lot of IC experimentation. We cannot even partially help you, without giving up IC information.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

The syntax you're looking for in this case is >pour vial <whatever> (where "whatever" is a goblet, waterskin, barrel, keg, cask, glass, cup, or anything else which can contain liquid.)   This will work for vials of liquid created with the brew command, and may transfer the effect of the vial, if any, to the container of liquid.

For vials of perfume, the syntax you need is ">use vial" - it will apply the contents of the vial to yourself, and will change the scent message you get when you ">sniff self"

This should adequately answer your question of how to interact with vials.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!

Also, brewing poison isn't the only way to acquire poison.

If you have an object that you think can poison something, try it the way the poison help file suggests.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.