Tuluk RPT - 1/11/2014

Started by magellon, January 08, 2014, 10:43:38 PM

ATTENTION:

Reminder of the upcoming private Tuluk RPT this weekend. All to be invited have been, so you're either in the "know" or you're not.

When? January, 11th @ 8:45 PM EST (server time)
Where? Follow the flora

:o ***** REMINDER - TOMORROW IS THE DAY *****  :o

Hi.

I'm just friendly bumping this while I watch football. It's going on right now.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I bet if I played more I would have been invited to this cool ass thing.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Kudos to all involved.
Death is only the beginning...

Not to criticize or anything but I don't think you can call something an RPT and say "Only if your invited." If its invitation only then keep it that way. Posting it on the boards seems to be rubbing it in the noses of those that didn't get invited.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

January 12, 2014, 09:04:36 AM #6 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:06:36 AM by Cabooze
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on January 12, 2014, 03:06:56 AM
Not to criticize or anything but I don't think you can call something an RPT and say "Only if your invited." If its invitation only then keep it that way. Posting it on the boards seems to be rubbing it in the noses of those that didn't get invited.

I find myself agreeing with this..

Perhaps call it a PRPT and post it to clan boards/PM it to people whom are known to be involved and those that are organizing it?

I'm sort of jealous I wasn't invited

Quote from: Cabooze on January 12, 2014, 09:04:36 AM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on January 12, 2014, 03:06:56 AM

I find myself agreeing with this..

Perhaps call it a PRPT and post it to clan boards/PM it to people whom are known to be involved and those that are organizing it?

I'm sort of jealous I wasn't invited

The first post in this thread stated that you'd need an in-game invitation and that it was a private event. It is not feasible to ask staff to post on several other clan boards on your behalf unless it's a huge/very important event (and then you'd probably use the general boards anyway or staff announcements). Using PMs is also not optimal since not everyone knows everyone else's handle.

If you're jealous, make your own event or make sure your PC is invited next time.

Private or not, I'm happy to see more events in Tuluk.

Getting all junior high jealous because you weren't invited to a virtual party sounds kind of silly to me.

You are confusing RPT with HRPT.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 12, 2014, 12:34:17 PM
Getting all junior high jealous because you weren't invited to a virtual party sounds kind of silly to me.

I didn't want to be the one to say it.

But, this...to the power of a thousand suns.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on January 12, 2014, 12:46:49 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 12, 2014, 12:34:17 PM

I didn't want to be the one to say it.

But, this...to the power of a thousand suns.

Let's finalize the matter with a dose of logic?

QuoteAnnouncements from players about calls for approved family roles and player-driven RPTs. Note that clan recruiting should generally be done within the game.

Qualifications met to post thread on this board, under the proper subject, meeting the above requirements, for Players by Players.

If you were unable to attend due to time constraints or lack of invitation, I apologize. There will be other RPTs, I assure you and who knows, maybe your character will get a written invitation delivered by the hand of messenger, or maybe not. Either way, turn it around and make it fun IC for us all.

RPT = Recommended Player Time. This usually means people want a base of players available to play something out. Private Invite does not constitute this. Now as far as posting under Player Announcements I don't have any complaint. Calling it an RPT is where my complaint is drawn from. Incorrectly summarized. In the future post it as a Private Invite, find out in game. I wouldn't have had a problem with that kind of subject. RPT this was not.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on January 12, 2014, 03:36:06 PM
RPT = Recommended Player Time. This usually means people want a base of players available to play something out. Private Invite does not constitute this. Now as far as posting under Player Announcements I don't have any complaint. Calling it an RPT is where my complaint is drawn from. Incorrectly summarized. In the future post it as a Private Invite, find out in game. I wouldn't have had a problem with that kind of subject. RPT this was not.

Yup. It was recommended that the people going to this event should play at this time. Hence, recommended playing time.

Are the semantics really that important?

It's very hard to throw a nice event. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I've done a few. The staff works hard. The organizers work hard. Really the best thing one can say after is thank you.

The discussion about the meaning of rpt probably best in its own thread.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Also, to say to get people's private contact info is a little silly, especially for people like me who don't mix the game and rl or the GDB.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

See this response for details; unfortunately you're mistaken here.

Glad everyone that went/was invited had a good time!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Only because you werent invited, does not at "all" mean that you cannot participate in this recommended playing time.  You were told that there is an RPT going on. Given the date and time for it. Everything else is in your character's hands. You can get an invitation to it. You can crush it. You can find out who does have an invitation for it, follow them, make certain they're busy at that event, and go rob their apartment. You can find your assassination victim at said event, since you now know the time and date for it. You can burn the building to the ground during the event.

RPT announcement is simply a message saying that such and such time and date is recommended to play. Whether you want to participate in this, or not, is entirely up to you. Not to the one inviting, up to 'you'.

Quote from: Nyr on January 12, 2014, 06:28:38 PM

See this response for details; unfortunately you're mistaken here.

Glad everyone that went/was invited had a good time!

I understand, thank you for the information Nyr.