how to differentiate between rough dominating sex and rape

Started by evilcabbage, December 26, 2013, 02:40:48 PM

December 27, 2013, 02:14:33 PM #25 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:19:46 PM by Desertman
What if your character is a big mean bad man who is known for bashing in skulls, and the dainty little creature you are wanting to breed with is only saying yes because they are scared of you?

The big bad man says in Sirihish, "So, sure is dark out tonight. Let me walk ya' over into this building. Keep ya' safe." Sinister grin.

The dainty basket weaver says in Sirihish, "Umm, ok...ummm...I'm not to sure......"

The big bad man frowns and says in Sirihish, "I'd be awfully disappointed if ya' turned me down."

The dainty basket weaver says in Sirihish, "Ummm, sounds good then. Which way?"

OOC: Consent to the sex?

OOC: Yes.

We just reached a grey area. It isn't rape, but it isn't exactly jumping up and down and eager for it either. One could argue it is being done out of fear. But no one is being physically forced or even openly threatened, in fact they are being asked and they are agreeing, both in character and out of character. It is the big bad man's reputation that is imposing enough to garner fear. The guy bashes skulls for a living, everyone is afraid of him. One could argue any person he has sex with is only doing it out of fear of the guy because he is evil and a skull basher and everyone knows it.

Very grey area.

(Just sort of playing the Devil's advocate and pointing out possible system issues.)

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Replace "The big bad man" with Noble, Templar, your unit's sergeant, really any authority figure, and you have to ask the same question.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 27, 2013, 02:27:00 PM
Replace "The big bad man" with Noble, Templar, your unit's sergeant, really any authority figure, and you have to ask the same question.

Good point.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.