Clean Da Poisons

Started by Yummri, December 17, 2013, 05:39:30 PM

December 17, 2013, 05:39:30 PM Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:44:00 PM by Yummri
You can put them on, now you can take them off!
Or that is the idea. Allow people to clean poisons off of weapons and arrows. This sounds simple.

Now for the fun bit. You can poison yourself putting them on, you should be able to accidentally poison yourself taking them off. You slip with the cleaning rag and woops..
Double the poison fun.

This would allow for changing of poisons on a weapon. All the usual risks apply.

Yup. Dig it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You can already clean poisons off, though there's no risk involved.

You can already do this, but not with a rag/cloth.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

How? Because I was told you could not. Also more fun to have the risk

And did the picture work?

Quote from: Yummri on December 17, 2013, 05:45:40 PM
How? Because I was told you could not. Also more fun to have the risk

And did the picture work?

http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,45107.0.html

Yes, we got to see a picture of Flo.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

I like the idea that you can taint yourself trying to clean the weapons.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 17, 2013, 05:41:20 PM
Yup. Dig it.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I think the idea of accidently poisoning yourself while cleaning your weapon is just as absurd as poisoning yourself through thick gloves while dipping it in whatever is.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

It's possible to remove poison or to 'clean' a weapon.

consider the pour command in such things
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: HavokBlue on December 17, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
I think the idea of accidently poisoning yourself while cleaning your weapon is just as absurd as poisoning yourself through thick gloves while dipping it in whatever is.

Why waste water when you can just stab a breed to clean your blade.

Quote from: ShaLeah on December 17, 2013, 06:22:16 PM
I like the idea that you can taint yourself trying to clean the weapons.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 17, 2013, 05:41:20 PM
Yup. Dig it.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 17, 2013, 07:08:36 PM

This is the correct answer.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You know, I also concur that poisoning yourself while tainting a weapon is sort of odd, but I could see a 1-100 chance of doing it being fine. You are, after all, capable of utter clumsiness. Having never had the poison skill and using it, I don't know the frequency of poisoning yourself, and I would say that it should be a very rare thing that happens, but I wouldn't completely remove it.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 17, 2013, 07:08:36 PM

:D

Poisoning yourself while working with it I'm okay with. I've never been okay with it going through gloves. That's a catastrophic failure.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I've never understood how anyone could do something so delicate as pierce, peel, and smear the unguent present inside the stem of a plant on a razor-sharp blade, while wearing a pair of thick, plate-scaled gloves at all. You should be getting an error message saying "You need to take your gloves off first."

Any kind of thick hide or bone or chitin gloves should be VERY difficult to work with, when attempting ANY kind of delicate operation. This includes any and all crafting, and I feel that some crafting should be impossible to do while wearing that kind of armor. (Featherworking? While wearing plate-armor gloves? Really?)

On the other hand, if you're wearing thin cloth gloves, it should be fairly easy to craft while wearing them. But then you run the same risk of the blade slipping and cutting your skin underneath, as if you weren't wearing any gloves at all - because they're thin, cloth gloves, and not armor.

Padded sandcloth gloves? Maybe a lower risk of cutting yourself, but a higher risk of non-lethal failure.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 17, 2013, 10:17:50 PM
I've never understood how anyone could do something so delicate as pierce, peel, and smear the unguent present inside the stem of a plant on a razor-sharp blade, while wearing a pair of thick, plate-scaled gloves at all. You should be getting an error message saying "You need to take your gloves off first."

Any kind of thick hide or bone or chitin gloves should be VERY difficult to work with, when attempting ANY kind of delicate operation. This includes any and all crafting, and I feel that some crafting should be impossible to do while wearing that kind of armor. (Featherworking? While wearing plate-armor gloves? Really?)

On the other hand, if you're wearing thin cloth gloves, it should be fairly easy to craft while wearing them. But then you run the same risk of the blade slipping and cutting your skin underneath, as if you weren't wearing any gloves at all - because they're thin, cloth gloves, and not armor.

Padded sandcloth gloves? Maybe a lower risk of cutting yourself, but a higher risk of non-lethal failure.

Uh. You smash it up and then rub it on the blade, avoid letting the poison touch your skin, clean your mortar and pestle off when you're done. It's not rocket science. People have been doing it just fine in the real world. It's certainly nothing that requires dexterity on the level of sewing or something.

It would be cool if you could wipe poisons away with a rag, but you can do it with poured liquids already so in a pinch you can just do one and emote the other.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

How cool would it be if you could milk snakes for venom. Now that shit would be dangerous.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 18, 2013, 01:32:06 AM
How cool would it be if you could milk snakes for venom. Now that shit would be dangerous.
Oooo.

Well, considering in the real world people do delicate work in thick gloves all the time, try it yourself!
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Harsh desert world...water is the most valuable resource and can be so rare you have to suckle it from plants or the bladders of dead stuff.

But great for cleaning off this pesky poison. I'll just blow nose with the rag. More risk to poisoning stuff please.

December 18, 2013, 07:17:52 AM #24 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:19:35 AM by Lizzie
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on December 17, 2013, 10:24:10 PM

Uh. You smash it up and then rub it on the blade, avoid letting the poison touch your skin, clean your mortar and pestle off when you're done. It's not rocket science. People have been doing it just fine in the real world. It's certainly nothing that requires dexterity on the level of sewing or something.

That would make sense if players of Armageddon portrayed their characters' poisoning attempts like that. But most of them don't. I don't either. I actually don't know ANYONE who does. People are allowed to interpret the craft attempt however they'd like, at the present moment, and that includes not using any tools at all, and simply piercing the poisonous material with the sharp blade (and in fact, the crafting success echoes reflect this).

Your example isn't even a somewhat commonplace event, and doesn't apply to the actuality of RP in this game.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.