Counting items

Started by DustMight, November 30, 2013, 09:51:00 AM

I wish that we could count things in containers we are wearing or things.
The number of daggers in my belt.
The number of grains of spice in my pouch on my belt.
The number of stolen keys in my cloak.
The number of illicitly gained mount tickets in my pack.

Those sorts of things without requiring me to disrobe.

I dig this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

keyword <item> <location>

Like... keyword knife belt will show you all the items with 'knife' as a keyword, numbered, in your belt. Unfortunately they all have to have the same keyword. But grains, tickets, keys, and such would all work.

Quote from: tiptoe on November 30, 2013, 09:59:47 AM

Like... keyword knife belt will show you all the items with 'knife' as a keyword, numbered, in your belt. Unfortunately they all have to have the same keyword. But grains, tickets, keys, and such would all work.

Even in items you are wearing?  Have to say though, that gives you a list (which eventually gives you a number) but if you have 200 grains of spice in your belt, you just lost everything in a massive screen scroll, right?

Beat me to it. Yep, this works, even if you're wearing the container. It doesn't work on coins, but coins are their own weird exception to everything.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Quote from: DustMight on November 30, 2013, 10:03:52 AM

Even in items you are wearing?  Have to say though, that gives you a list (which eventually gives you a number) but if you have 200 grains of spice in your belt, you just lost everything in a massive screen scroll, right?

Yeah, that's too much.  Counting is better.
Fredd-

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on November 30, 2013, 10:32:37 AM
http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Count

Count doesn't work on things you are -wearing, or holding.- That's what this thread is about - allowing count to work on things you are wearing/holding.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 30, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on November 30, 2013, 10:32:37 AM
http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Count

Count doesn't work on things you are -wearing, or holding.- That's what this thread is about - allowing count to work on things you are wearing/holding.

oh... Right... It's too early for me to be reading... Carry on. That might be helpful. But yeah, keyword can do this one doesn't mind the big list.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Yeah keyword is the only thing other than removing the item and -then- counting. Unfortunately, oftentimes I am counting, because I want to decide if I want to keyword something or not.

Like - look in box
There are many green swords.
There are many green and yellow swords.
There are many green tall swords.
There are many green wood swords.

think
I want to know about that first set of green swords. Many is anything greater than 10. Do I want to risk logjamming my game client with screen scroll?

count green
You can't do that, because you are holding the box.

uh...

key green box

KABOOM

But count green box would return (if I wasn't holding it or if count was able to be used while holding it)

There are 475 green swords in the box.

think Well I can at least do some deductive reasoning here.

count green.yellow box
There are 50 green and yellow swords in the box.
count green.tall box
There are 300 green tall swords in the box.
count green.wood box
There are 25 green wood swords in the box.

think So that's 375 things that are -not- the ones I want - leaving me with...100 plain green ones.

contact templar
psi Hey Lord Templar bubby darlin, I got SUCH a deal for you, only ten sids each for those swords you wanted, but you have to buy the whole lot of a hundred.

Would keyword 1.green.sword work? I can't say I've tried that.

Quote from: tiptoe on November 30, 2013, 12:46:55 PM
Would keyword 1.green.sword work? I can't say I've tried that.

No, it wouldn't. Even if it did, each individual item is numbered. And so, it would count only #1 sword. Which is - one sword. The very first in the list. Or possibly it might find sword #1, plus sword #10, and sword #11, sword #12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, and so on, until 471. In other words - it would filter out and display every sword on the list of 475 swords, that was listed with the digit 1 in its number.

Oh yeah, true. I do wish there was a way to keyword the first green sword type when there are other swords with 'green sword' as keywords.

Quote from: tiptoe on November 30, 2013, 03:18:56 PM
Oh yeah, true. I do wish there was a way to keyword the first green sword type when there are other swords with 'green sword' as keywords.

Maybe a "type" command:

type green box

1. You have 14 green swords in the box.
2. You have 27 green opalescent tablets in the box.
3. You have 1 green silk tunic in the box.
4. You have 47 green obsidian longknives in the box.
5. You have 722 grains of green-flecked purple Fale spice in the box.

And so on.

And then -

get 4 type.3 green box

You get a green obsidian longknife from the box.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 30, 2013, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: tiptoe on November 30, 2013, 03:18:56 PM

Maybe a "type" command:

type green box

1. You have 14 green swords in the box.
2. You have 27 green opalescent tablets in the box.
3. You have 1 green silk tunic in the box.
4. You have 47 green obsidian longknives in the box.
5. You have 722 grains of green-flecked purple Fale spice in the box.

And so on.

And then -

get 4 type.3 green box

Or how about just count grain belt.

In belt (worn) there are 182 grains.

;)

I wish there were a command that tells you all the keywords on an item.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 30, 2013, 06:46:07 PM
I wish there were a command that tells you all the keywords on an item.
Fredd-

On a completely unrelated, yet slightly relevant note, I'd like to see the delay for counting be before instead of after.  Currently, if you have 1 million grains of spice in a large bag, using the command "count spice bag" will return "there are 1,000,000 spices in a large bag...then you wait 10 minutes before you can do any action.  I think it should be the other way around.

Quote from: Sephiroto on December 21, 2013, 01:55:54 AM
On a completely unrelated, yet slightly relevant note, I'd like to see the delay for counting be before instead of after.  Currently, if you have 1 million grains of spice in a large bag, using the command "count spice bag" will return "there are 1,000,000 spices in a large bag...then you wait 10 minutes before you can do any action.  I think it should be the other way around.

Well, I know it's not the same as what you're talking about, but I noticed a huge lag the last time I emptied a bunch of spice grains from one container into another, which seems new.

I once dumped 4000 spice grains from a bag to a chest.  The lag was something like a half hour.  Basically, when you use the empty command, it's as if you did each individual get to put command, but without the spam (which is nice).
"Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what [people] fear most."  --  Raskolnikov, Crime and Punishment

That too, certainly needs looking at.  Now that I think about it, the count command may not have the same lag as empty, but in my head the two were related.

QuoteI wish there were a command that tells you all the keywords on an item.

on the assess -v readout would be perfect. Or maybe a keylist <object> command. This would be helpful.