Putting things in things

Started by Cabooze, November 24, 2013, 03:36:43 AM

I've noticed that there's quite an odd way that things work.. I can, for example, place an extremely large food item ((described as being large) Weighing one stone or more) in my cloak, yet I cannot put my waterskin which is considerably smaller in description (also weighing one stone) inside my cloak. I don't necessarily understand why this is coded the way it is (or for that matter, I hope it's just a bug).

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 24, 2013, 03:39:01 AM
This is really vague.

Not really..

Let's say I am wearing a black cloak.

I can put several extremely meaty steaks within my cloak..

But I cannot put a single waterskin with water carried inside of it within my cloak.

The waterskin, in comparison, weighs less and is considerably smaller than several extremely meaty steaks.

The cloak logic makes no sense (unless of course it is a bug)

The waterskin weighs less than the steaks when empty, maybe. But not when full. Also, there's a probability that your value skills blows.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 24, 2013, 03:46:26 AM
The waterskin weighs less than the steaks when empty, maybe. But not when full. Also, there's a probability that your value skills blows.

Perhaps?.. But I just did a comparison with a belt that has roughly the same carrying capacity as the cloak and the waterskin fits perfectly fine filling the belt at about half full with plenty of room for many other things. I suppose it just doesn't make sense logically, but code-wise it is how it is.

Or maybe the cloak has small pockets.

November 24, 2013, 04:01:03 AM #6 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:47:36 AM by Cabooze
Quote from: MeTekillot on November 24, 2013, 03:57:41 AM
Or maybe the cloak has small pockets.

I actually did not consider this, but I've noticed the majority of cloaks don't describe their pockets or how big they are which is unfortunate and leaves room for a lot of confusion..

Or maybe your character is folding his steaks in half to get them in the cloak?

I think cloaks & waterskins are both a little odd in the way they act.  I just imagine that waterskins get very bulbous when full.  I sorta wish they didn't fit in belts or cloaks at all.

Quote from: DustMight on November 24, 2013, 08:09:08 AM
I think cloaks & waterskins are both a little odd in the way they act.  I just imagine that waterskins get very bulbous when full.  I sorta wish they didn't fit in belts or cloaks at all.

+1

It also doesn't make sense for the waterskin to be hooked on the belt when full.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I'm good with them being hooked onto a belt.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The waterskin probably weighs more than the food and the food weighs less than one stone; your attempt to assess the weight of it does not assess the actual weight.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.