Idea: Carry command

Started by Bast, November 18, 2013, 11:47:58 AM

In another sense, instead of the bag. I imagine it'd be lovely to have wheelbarrows and wheelchairs, other such things in-game that can carry and push things about. Per say, the character in question need not be held, but carried by another object which could be hitched to your character.

Quote from: Harmless on November 18, 2013, 12:15:33 PM
well, we could either change subdue so that when it's an unconscious person being dragged, it is described as "being carried by" as opposed to the current text (which makes no sense anyway if the subduee is KOed), or we could add a new command...

but either way I +1 the idea for sure.
So... this guy had a great idea.

If someone is unconscious and you subdue them:
"you carry the unconscious dood."

If someone is awake and you subdue them without consent:
"You subdue the dood!"

If someone is awake and you subdue them while they are nosave subdued:
"You carry/support the dood."

(Arrest is without consent no matter what)
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I am very much in support of a subdue-like state that can be broken by the, "stand," or any movement command.

Since we already have a nosave for resisting arrest, how about we retask nosave subdue so that instead of not resisting subdue, it doesn't resist escape attempts from the person we've subdued?

That way, we can eliminate the primary flaw of the current subdue, where the cooperation of the subdued is required.

It's always been kind of silly because we only use subdue when another character is unable to cooperate.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

wear large bag
sit

A large bag is sitting here.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

arrest falls under the nosave arrest category and it applies to pcs with the coded military authority to subdue in citystates.

ergo, if you are PRivate Joeblow in Arm of the Escru, you can subdue somebody if they have nosave arrest active and it will subdue them without a codecheck.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.