Eat My Rotting Meat

Started by Desertman, November 15, 2013, 04:33:41 PM

I dunno...I've never really had that much of a problem with stockpiling food, especially in clans.

There is virtual turnover to everything in the game. Your hunter kills more creatures than he IGly hunts, your subguild house servant cooks more pastries than he IGly creates, every character spends more money than they IGly have, and consumes more than they IGly eat.

Therefore, all that meat, sitting in the guildhall? How do you know it's the same stuff you put there last week? Amos ate that. Then ICly replaced it. Good man, Amos.

If you feel like its abuse, don't do it, but in the long run, I think it's honestly more realistic than the artificial 'we are somehow the only people in this clan of IC thousands, and must provide everything for ourselves all the time' approach.  Your stuff doesn't disappear (usually), their stuff doesn't appear. As long as daddy clan is getting their cut/work/whatever, for the most part it works out in the wash, IMHO (and within reason).
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on November 18, 2013, 08:46:22 PM
I dunno...I've never really had that much of a problem with stockpiling food, especially in clans.

There is virtual turnover to everything in the game. Your hunter kills more creatures than he IGly hunts, your subguild house servant cooks more pastries than he IGly creates, every character spends more money than they IGly have, and consumes more than they IGly eat.

Therefore, all that meat, sitting in the guildhall? How do you know it's the same stuff you put there last week? Amos ate that. Then ICly replaced it. Good man, Amos.

If you feel like its abuse, don't do it, but in the long run, I think it's honestly more realistic than the artificial 'we are somehow the only people in this clan of IC thousands, and must provide everything for ourselves all the time' approach.  Your stuff doesn't disappear (usually), their stuff doesn't appear. As long as daddy clan is getting their cut/work/whatever, for the most part it works out in the wash, IMHO (and within reason).

In situations where Houses are involved and massive clans, I would agree with this.

My idea would really affect mostly independents more than anything, as the only clan that I can think of that didn't have a magic food cook back in the day, actually has one these days.

And now hunters are even more useless and a silly role to play in that clan.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Heh I got told (ICly) -not- to junk over 400 pieces of meat that was stowed in a particular room, in bags, on tables, etc. etc. for several RL months, because the were being saved to fill an order. Uncooked, unprepared raw meat. Several RL months - stored in bags, inside - not on the desert sands where they'd naturally cure...that PC leader was replaced twice over, and still I wasn't allowed to junk them. And there was even a post on the clan forum, OOCly, warning people not to junk stockpiled stuff. It was in the same clan that, a couple years prior, we were told very specifically TO junk stuff, and make up virtual orders to explain why they were gone.

I had even bugged the room in the clan hall where - if you DID junk anything from the table and the shelves, they'd just respawn in the next game reset anyway and you'd have the same 200 (out of the 400 total) pieces of raw meat, right where the NPC cook was. I don't know if that was ever fixed or not, I really hope so. That was over a RL year ago that I bugged it, and it'd been a problem for at least 3 years prior to my bugging it (it was the same stuff, in the same order, on the same shelf and table, over the timespan of a couple of my characters who had been in that clan).

Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't.  Personally I'd be happy if raw, UNcrafted/cooked meat would just disintegrate automatically after a RL month.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.