Shadow Artist Reformation

Started by Nyr, November 06, 2013, 05:22:16 PM

Quote from: James de Monet on November 12, 2013, 04:59:59 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, so please forgive me if this was discussed, but what happens if you catch an artist in the act? Do you torture them? For what? So they tell you who assigned them the contract? Now you have the name of a Templar. What's the play?

A contract could well include that a shadow artist needs to be caught. If you did torture them, that'd be breaking Tuluki law.

QuoteCan you go to said Templar and offer a reverse contract on the person who contracted against you? Would you have to know who it was, or could you just say you'd like to flip a (hurt/kill/shame) contract against you, and the Templar tells you the price? (And you're as surprised as everyone else when your neighbor Malik winds up dead)

I don't think you can do that, because contracts are supposed to be completely anonymous. The way the system is designed is that the person indirectly hiring the shadow artist is never known or at risk. Of course, you can make an educated guess as to who it is, and target whoever that person may be (though things may have been arranged so that it only looks like them, who knows).

QuoteNow what if the person who contracted on you was higher ranking than you are?

What's the practical way to get out of this long term, other than just trying to catch every artist they send?

If the person acting against you is higher rank, you need to speak to someone who is that person's rank equal or above and have them do a contract on your behalf. Will they be willing to do so? That depends on who you ask, and what you offer.

Long-term, I think you can keep sending or receiving shadow-artist things back and forth until someone dies or decides that they don't want to keep doing it.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Malken on November 12, 2013, 04:56:42 PM
Is there a possibility to "specialize" further as a Shadow Artist?

For example, let's say that I want to be a Shadow Artist but I'm a ranger/warrior/etc.. Could I tell the Templar that I would prefer to receive targets that are known to also often leave the walls?

I imagine that is covered under the following:

Quote from: Shadow Artist FAQ
How do I become a shadow artist?

Meet with a templar so that you can register with them in private. Let them know who you are and what your areas of specialty are. This is important, as the templarate will be giving you jobs that are appropriate for your talents as well as your skill. This registration comes in the form of a tattoo that signifies that you are a shadow artist. Along with the tattoo comes the first restriction: you are only to fulfill contracts, you do not request them yourself.

Quote from: Nyr on November 12, 2013, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: Taven on November 12, 2013, 12:54:29 AM
That's what I thought. So, a conversation wouldn't have subcaste, it would just have that the person would be more or less important to you and why... It might be helpful to add a bulletpoint below on the chart that says that subcaste is not an IC concept, as I can easily imagine newbies or people who have not read this thread using it ICly and thinking that is okay.

That bullet point is already there in the Hierarchy page but I can add it as a note for the chart.

That would be wonderful, thank you!

Tuluk is known to its people as a city of tradition, a city of order, and a city of law.

Thanks staff. I think making sure this is prominent in Tuluk is important.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.