Gobble up those November votes!

Started by ShaLeah, November 01, 2013, 12:37:34 AM

Come on people, let's try and stick with it this month!

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Gobble gobble.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

In TENTH place. Come on, we can do better!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

We lost 1st on TMC. I am bereft.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Classic example of psychological habituation and neural adaption.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

2nd on TMC and 8th on TMS :(.... Come on people VOTE!!!!!
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Malken on November 01, 2013, 10:44:31 AM

So, I'm addicted to first place? Why isn't everyone else?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on November 01, 2013, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: Malken on November 01, 2013, 10:44:31 AM

So, I'm addicted to first place? Why isn't everyone else?

Nah..

Habituation is a decrease in response to a stimulus after repeated presentations. For example, a thread reminding you to vote daily in a forum you visit may initially draw your attention or even become distracting. After you become accustomed to seeing this sort of thread daily, you pay less attention to it and your response to the stimulus will diminish. This diminished response is habituation.

Thank you.

Yes, but without the threads people don't vote.

I think maybe pictures of nudes should randomly display when the vote buttons are clicked.

That would certainly inspire me to vote.

Quote from: Barzalene on November 01, 2013, 01:21:56 PM
Thank you.

Yes, but without the threads people don't vote.

I think maybe pictures of nudes should randomly display when the vote buttons are clicked.

Well, if we follow Spencer & Thompson's logic, unless we switch stimulus (or "strategy"), we'll just end up stabilized somewhere above the other muds who have also stabilized themselves over the years. If this trend keeps up, we'll just keep losing votes over the next few months and end up in the 7-10's position.

Naked pictures wouldn't really help, since anyone who wants to see some naked ladies can do so easily without having to bother voting.. Oh.. Wait, you weren't serious..

Death threats?

November 01, 2013, 04:07:01 PM #12 Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:11:05 PM by Molten Heart
We've dropped to a close #2 at the Mud Connector.    
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

We're in 8th and 2nd place on TMS and TMC, respectively.

Only YOU can save us from being beaten by IRE MUDs!

Actually, we are in third place. By three votes.

Now we're in second place.  Let's go guys!  We need to get a head start for when the end of the month apathy kicks in.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Fine, I'll vote again even though I'm not currently playing.

Take that Spencer & Thompson! *waves psychology book angrily*

Quote from: Malken on November 02, 2013, 01:35:11 PM
Fine, I'll vote again even though I'm not currently playing.

Take that Spencer & Thompson! *waves psychology book angrily*

Yay!

Did everyone but me just stop voting on TMS??
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I just made an account, on TMC, just to vote.

That's the most committed I've ever been to anything!

.....I'm so proud.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Quote from: zarkov on November 03, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

.....I'm so proud.

Way to go!

Quote from: zarkov on November 03, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

.....I'm so proud.

You are wonderful!

Ummm 8th place on TMS is unacceptable please vote everyone.

Frankly, so is 2nd on TMC.

Aardwolf probably has 10x the playerbase as us and leads us by one vote. If a greater percentage of us voted we would hold first place easily.

When I posted that we were 1st on TMC. I guess that changed.. Currently we are 1st on TMC and 7th on TMS. And neither have wide margins. So everyone please vote both.

Morning reminder: do more voting.  It really helps!

Soooo, we're about to have Thanksgiving break and all, maybe we should work a little harder at sucking people in this month?

Seriously. If all of the 60 people I see logged in on a given night voted, we'd have as many votes on TMS as we do now in one day.

Vote harder!

Unfortunately, not all people read or even are on the GDB.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on November 05, 2013, 04:44:02 PM
Unfortunately, not all people read ....

For some reason, my brain fixated on this and I was going... but how do they Arm?   ???

Today was a long day.

But I voted!  So should you!

How the hell are we number 9 on TMS?

You can't be serious.

Have some pride!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Don't forget to vote!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
The rest of you, if you see a blingy, buff brunette-blonde pair hanging out together pretty soon at your local bar, just...it's nothing. Move along. (Do not hit on them.)

By one vote. That's a bit close.

9th...*sigh*

But if 10 of you vote right now, we'd be in sixth! Just imagine the possibilities!

By 5 votes.

Two of me's have voted. Hope it helps!

We're #9 people! 9!

Where are our October stats? Quit slacking!
grumpycat.jpg

Remember, children: Ginka knows when you don't vote. And she times her crashes to steal all of your stuff in retribution.

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on November 09, 2013, 12:12:54 PM
Remember, children: Ginka knows when you don't vote. And she times her crashes to steal all of your stuff in retribution.

I didn't vote for a while and now my character is bugged and causes crashes so I can't log in until it's fixed. So I'm playing Prpi, no one's on, and it just crashed. Joy.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

5?!

There was an old Bynner
Who wore boots for shoes
He clicked so many votes
He didn't know what to do!

Unfortunately said Bynner had passed out in sparring and was only dreaming about voting.

Don't be a passed out Bynner, vote.

We can pass these infidels!

Quote from: Cutthroat on November 04, 2013, 07:21:57 AM
Aardwolf

Heh, a buddy of mine that I just introduced to Arm had his first character rejected, so he started playing Aardwolf, he told me today.

Couldn't talk him into letting me help with his desc/bio.

I think my first character (Kronibas) was rejected, too... a human raised by Blackwing elves or something?  fortunately, i have the tenacity of a cockroach.

I think it took me three characters before I stopped having apps rejected. He probably would have given up when he got into the game.

Even with relatively low turnout in voting we still have a significant amount of players coming in, and (for whatever reason) more players actually attempting to PLAY the game this past month--which is a little bit confusing.  Total new accounts = doesn't matter that much.  Total new accounts that play the game = VERY important.

I put the latest results here.

I haven't been pushing votes or even voting as much as I have in the past due to some serious business happening with school schedules.  I don't know if you guys need number crunching to inspire you to vote, but:

TMS has #1 with 1315 votes.  That's slightly more than 100 votes per day, or 50 people voting twice per day.  (We've maintained this rate for a few days at a time in the past.)
TMS has #2 with 625 votes.  That's about 48 votes per day, or 24 people voting twice per day. (We slaughtered this rate on a regular basis in the past.)

Catching up at this point would be hard, but hardly impossible.  The folks at the top only vote as much as they need to...we can easily hit #4 in a few days if we churn out the vote.  Math, assuming all variables constant:

Our rank:  8 @ 332 votes (25 votes per day, or about 13 people voting twice per day)
7 is @ 334 votes (virtually the same)
6 is @ 385 votes (30 votes per day, or about 15 people voting twice per day)
5 is @ 416 votes (32 votes per day, or about 16 people voting twice per day)
4 is @ 416 votes (virtually the same as #5 right now)

If we increase votes to 50 per day (easily done, there are 25 people on the GDB right now logged in), we will be at #4 in 4 days assuming others vote at their same rates.

Go vote, ya'll.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

It's (roughly) four o'clock in the morning. (server time)

Do you know where your votes are?

My votes are voting right now.  They passed your votes on the way to the vote store.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

20 yesterday. Only 10 today.

Quote from: Barzalene on November 18, 2013, 09:16:17 AM
20 yesterday. Only 10 today.

10 for being only 9am when you posted this isn't that bad. :)

Yesterday at 9 it was 20

We've fallen to eighth on TMS!

Four of you vote right now and claim our rightful spot!

Got one.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Our lead is almost gone. Seven. Are we ok with second?

Soon second

9th on TMS

We didn't vote and we lost first place.