Idea on Movement

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, October 28, 2013, 02:02:44 AM

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 28, 2013, 03:55:25 PM
Not from my experience, I've seen mobs pop in and have -very- very short delay timers when attacking. I've seen mobs execute two attacks instantly, which they should not be able to do. And the mob that executed two attacks is one of those that can just about kill you in one shot anyways, so.

Did you click that link?  You even chimed in there...then...and had that refuted...

Quote from: Nyr on December 13, 2012, 03:31:34 AM
Quote from: evilcabbage on December 12, 2012, 05:08:52 PM
I've experienced this double-attack bug, on the receiving end. It is not nice at all. I have yet to perform the double-attack, unless I'm wielding two weapons! So would I get a quadruple attack if the bug kicked in my favor?

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on October 28, 2013, 05:36:27 PM
I should have left out the delay. The meat of the idea were the echoes and the ldescs. The delays all assumed that NPCs had the same delay. It was birthed with the idea that instant movement sucks in certain situations.

Now, if mobs get the same delay, I have no problem with this idea. In fact I like it.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

October 29, 2013, 04:40:09 PM #27 Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:41:44 PM by evilcabbage
Quote from: Nyr on October 29, 2013, 10:05:18 AM
Not from my experience, I've seen mobs pop in and have -very- very short delay timers when attacking. I've seen mobs execute two attacks instantly, which they should not be able to do. And the mob that executed two attacks is one of those that can just about kill you in one shot anyways, so.

Did you click that link?  You even chimed in there...then...and had that refuted...

I've experienced this double-attack bug, on the receiving end. It is not nice at all. I have yet to perform the double-attack, unless I'm wielding two weapons! So would I get a quadruple attack if the bug kicked in my favor?

I am saying that very very recently a mob with no weapons railed me with a doubleattack. It -only- happens if the mob initiates attack, and it's a couple mobs that do it.
And it's not always with two aggro mobs. It's -one- mob doing an attack -twice-.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Are you sure you didn't like attack a skeet and then like it's hidden skeet friend assisted him

Uh, yeah, it was not a skeet, it was not its hidden friend, IT initiated combat and doublestruck me.

Request tool + logs > GDB

When/if it happens again I plan to do just that.

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 29, 2013, 04:40:09 PM
Quote from: Nyr on October 29, 2013, 10:05:18 AM

Did you click that link?  You even chimed in there...then...and had that refuted...

I am saying that very very recently a mob with no weapons railed me with a doubleattack. It -only- happens if the mob initiates attack, and it's a couple mobs that do it.
And it's not always with two aggro mobs. It's -one- mob doing an attack -twice-.

Did you click that link?  You chimed in there with the same argument, a year ago, on a thread that had links to a thread a year before that explaining the testing process and everything we'd done.  You're repeating yourself without giving any more information.  As Morgenes said, provide a timestamped log.  The code doesn't work this way.  We've tested it numerous times.  If it does get you the results you've seen then it is either:

lag
a bug in the code
a bug in a script
a feature of a script

Please provide a timestamped log in the request tool, or at least tell us what the npc was.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

I will, I will, I SWEAR, the second it happens again I will screenshot it and timestamp it and this it and that it. It's happened, it nearly bloody killed me, that's why I mention it. As I've seen it is, literally, TWO specific mobs that do it.

Haha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 30, 2013, 04:00:54 PM
I will, I will, I SWEAR, the second it happens again I will screenshot it and timestamp it and this it and that it. It's happened, it nearly bloody killed me, that's why I mention it. As I've seen it is, literally, TWO specific mobs that do it.

If you don't have a log handy, could you at least tell us what the NPC was?

Quote from: Nyr on October 31, 2013, 08:59:15 AM

I've seen the double-attack thing as well, with gith in the tablelands, amongst other things.  I'll try to get an example logged, too.

Quote from: jcortrig on October 31, 2013, 10:53:23 AM

I've seen the double-attack thing as well, with gith in the tablelands, amongst other things.  I'll try to get an example logged, too.

Taking a look at gith scripts now.

You stop watching the south exit.
The dude pokes your foot, nicking you.
You deftly parry the dude's attack.
The dude lightly pokes your waist.
You deftly parry the dude's attack.

You're fighting for your life!

That's what it looks like when the double attack thing happens.  But I don't think this is a bug... Raptors have done it occasionally for as long as I can remember.

I figured that was normal, agility-based attacking.

If this is a bug, can I get my ranger from 2006 resurrected plz tia.

While we're on the subject, how come sometimes it seems like you just wont attack for days, and other times you swing 10 times in a  row really fast. And other times it's medium paced.

Shits crazy.

Its just the normal combat pacing putting the first aggro attack(s) into the same displayed combat round as the next hits.  Normal combat pacing, how fast you are hitting and who gets to do the attacks being determined by ***tnarssimsoin smarclbed***

It happened to me in the last couple of days, fighting a scrab.  My combat round looked like:

The scrab hits at you but you dodge out of the way.
You whack at the scrab and hit it.

So one block of attacks together, but its really no different than:

It just has to do with how the combat pacing showed up in "rounds" of attacks.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I'll send in a request stating which two NPCs -I've- had the experience with.

Based on an in-depth discussion about this from Tiernan...any double attack bug is a double attack feature.  In other words, yes, sometimes something (even you) might get two attacks from striking first. 

Quote from: Nyr on November 04, 2013, 09:09:21 AM
Based on an in-depth discussion about this from Tiernan...any double attack bug is a double attack feature.  In other words, yes, sometimes something (even you) might get two attacks from striking first. 

Never had it happen. Once. Ever.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=It's%20not%20a%20bug%2C%20it's%20a%20feature

;D

As I am well known for being Han Solo against mobs (I ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST),

I have NEVER received a double attack, EVER, from attacking a mob first. The only time I doubleattack is when I'm using two weapons, and that is -clearly- not a doubleattack.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 04, 2013, 12:12:09 PM
As I am well known for being Han Solo against mobs (I ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST),

I have NEVER received a double attack, EVER, from attacking a mob first. The only time I doubleattack is when I'm using two weapons, and that is -clearly- not a doubleattack.

And I have NEVER seen a double attack bug from an NPC. Feature seems pretty rare, yeah? Your anecdote and mine mean nothing.

Quote from: evilcabbage on November 04, 2013, 11:21:33 AM

prioritize agility

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 04, 2013, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: evilcabbage on November 04, 2013, 11:21:33 AM

prioritize agility

Prioritize agility indeed. I've had a ******* (ye shant know thy race) manage to pull off the double attack before. It was -very- satisfying.