A Detailed List of Races/Skills/Guild/Sub-Guilds...

Started by Mad Max, October 14, 2013, 03:39:05 PM

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 02:22:44 PM
Also does the slitted eye goggles and or head scarf actually affect vision in the game or the over all health of the character or is that strictly for appearance?  I bought gogglesgles because they were cheep and sounded useful...

Without going into too much detail (and without knowing too much detail, really), yes, sunslits (I think those are what you're referring to?) are functional beyond making you look kinda silly, and are useful, as you thought.

Quote from: vissa on October 16, 2013, 04:08:08 AM
Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 02:31:13 AM
And is there a way to put a string of items into a pack, while opening and closing it.  I thought I played a MUD way back when that used a semi colon, but I could be mistaken and each game seems to be different some times...  Like say I wanted to: 'open pack, put shirt pack, put pants pack, put torch pack, take hat pack, close pack'.  Also how do you put all of something like cakes that are stacked into a pack?  I had to keep doing it one at a time and 'all cakes pack' gave a weird message.  Thanks in advance.

You can 'put all pack' to put everything in your inventory into your pack.  For stacks, you'd need to 'put all.<keyword> pack' -- so, if we're talking travel cakes, the command would be 'put all.cake pack'

I can't remember off of the top of my head whether 'put all pack' will work on coin stacks, but I have this nagging feeling that it doesn't, so if you were moving items and money, be sure to check and 'put coins pack.'  I can't test it out at the moment, unfortunately. 

I see the problem I am having, minus I was not aware of the period and no space at first, but regardless of how many cakes I have, I can only use the singular form of the word because that is how it shows up on my screen, even if I was referring to all cakes that I possess.  Also 'put coins pack' (plural) works just fine.  However, what if I wanted to split the amount to take out of my pack, say I was worried someone might steel 1000 coins in my hand, when I only needed 100 in the first place to shop?
Today is a good day to die...

Never mistake my kindess for a weakness...

*emote grabs hand full of sand "We are born of the desert, we return to the desert..." *emote Releases the sand and watches as it falls on corpse slowly drifting

You, NewPlayer, depending on where you start, may have made one of the most important purchases in those rooms by purchasing those wacky goggles. Just my opinion.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Jherlen on October 16, 2013, 11:05:47 AM
You should be able to use the assess command to get some more info about an object, including if you can/can't wield it, if it requires two hands, etc. It also tells you where you can wear it, for armor and clothing pieces. I believe the same info is shown when you 'view' the object at a shop, though.

Since the sword you bought is described as a broadsword, and those are usually big, and half-elves are not the strongest of folks, I'm guessing you may only be able to two-hand wield it. But, just to be sure, did you try and remove the torch you were holding in your offhand before you 'es'd your second sword?

PS: This is a desert world; horses do exist but they're very rare. You are unlikely to be run over by a horse-drawn carriage, but an inix-drawn wagon, a mekillot-drawn argosy, or just a crew of riders on war beetles are all plausible.

I just checked again and I am not holding anything else and it tells me the sword in question is very lite.  I am assuming it means lite to me, as in for a Half-Elf...  When I type 'es sawtoothed' it simply says "You can't hold this."  So I have no idea.

*emote grabs hand full of sand "We are born of the desert, we return to the desert..." *emote Releases the sand and watches as it falls on corpse slowly drifting

October 16, 2013, 02:48:19 PM #79 Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:49:58 PM by NewPlayer
Quote from: Fujikoma on October 16, 2013, 02:40:51 PM
You, NewPlayer, depending on where you start, may have made one of the most important purchases in those rooms by purchasing those wacky goggles. Just my opinion.

Thanks FreeRangeVestric and Fujikoma- They sounded important to me at least anyway.  I did not start in a desert area, since it was described as a farming town, but I do plan on doing some traveling, so I figured, if they could actually be used, will be put to good use.   :D  Plus who knows how far the sand travels... I am hearing about endless sands or something and bad wind storms...

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 02:48:19 PM
Thanks FreeRangeVestric and Fujikoma- They sounded important to me at least anyway.  I did not start in a desert area, since it was described as a farming town, but I do plan on doing some traveling, so I figured, if they could actually be used, will be put to good use.   :D  Plus who knows how far the sand travels... I am hearing about endless sands or something and bad wind storms...

Hehe, trust me, you started in just about the desert-est of desert areas by picking Red Storm. Honestly, it is probably not the best starting location for a new player, but... Might as well get used to Arm's harshness by starting in one of the harshest places there is, I suppose. (=

October 16, 2013, 03:05:51 PM #81 Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:07:36 PM by i love toilets
Wait... putting coins in my back pack and my cloak with it closed is the ultimate safe house, but a pick pocket can still access it if they are skilled enough?  Or they are kept out permanently, unless of course they just mug me or kill me to take my coin?  
Kept out permanently. There is no way right now for anyone to open anything anyone else has their mitts on, therefore, your all-important crap is safe, although if the container for your stuff is in your inventory, they can try to steal it, and then open it later.

Also can a pickpocket actually take my backpack when it is being worn or in inventory or my cloak off with me not even being aware of it?

Common sense would say no, and I have never seen this actually happen to anyone (a pack being taken off someone's back when they are not asleep), but the best thieves can surprise you with what they are capable of taking, and you can get drunk or spiced or both, or otherwise be mentally incapacitated in this game. I've had like four packs taken from me when my pc was sleeping. None awake, nor have I heard of it. Things in your inventory are potential prey. The helpfiles state that heavier objects are generally harder to steal, and that very heavy objects like a heavy sword or heavy pack are extremely difficult to steal.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

1. Definitions:
Wield = EP (P = primary)
Hold = ES (S = secondary)
Dual-wield = ETWO
To switch from one of those, to another, you use the command CHANGE, this way:

change hands ep etwo
or
change hands etwo es

Which would switch your primary "wielded" weapon, to a dual-wield position, with both hands wrapped around the handle of the weapon.
or
which would switch from having both hands wrapped around the weapon, to being held (ES) in your secondary hand.

2. Certain weapons and tools can only be wielded, and not held. It sounds like that sawtooth sword cannot be held. Conversely, certain bows and tools can only be held, and not wielded.

3. By choosing things totally contrary to what people have recommended, you have discovered WHY people recommend otherwise.

4. You can only wear one item per wear slot. That is the nature of the code. There are LOTS of wear slots - I believe 8 "finger" slots just for rings - a neck AND a throat slot, a torso AND a body slot, a "belt" AND a waist slot, a head AND a face slot. If you type EQ you will see what you're wearing, and which slot it's taking up.

5. Items in the game are singular, when it comes to manipulating the code. You put all.cake pack, not put all.cakes. If you're transferring from one container to the other (such as from a bag to your pack) the command is pour bag pack. This does not work on all containers, such as trying to pour a bag of items onto certain furniture items in apartments.

6. Theft: if you are wearing something and that something can be closed, and it IS closed, then no one can steal whatever is inside it. However, they can still knock you unconscious, then steal the whole container, which will result in them having your container, plus everything that's inside it. If you don't have something in a container, and it's just loose in your inventory, then it is MUCH easier for someone to steal it from you. That's why people suggest that you pocket your items. Typing INV will display which items are loose in your inventory, and not secure in a pocket or container.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

QuoteHowever... just out of curiousity... it said in order for me to put on my leggings, since I guess it was attached to their own breeches... I had to remove my current pants.  Well I did that, no one "seemed" to be around, plus I was still in the OOC room.  But in game, will that catch some kind of offense or some other naughty even?

If you're in an OOC starter room, you can change clothing and things like that without any worry of IC reprecussions. But once you enter the game, you won't find any such places.

In the game world, just ask yourself: What would happen if you took your pants off in the middle of a street or a bar in real life? Expect the same kind of reaction in Zalanthas, for the most part. Most taverns will have some sort of dorm room with bunks, cots, and so on for people to bed down, so someone changing clothes in such places probably wouldn't raise too many brows. But if you start changing clothes while sitting at the bar, people might start taking offense.

In general, try and use emotes (whether via the emote command or command emotes attached to other commands) to explain more about what your character is doing and how. As you might expect. There's a difference between:

emote steps behind a bunk to conceal himself while he changes from ~pants into ~trousers.
remove pants
wear trousers (slipping them on quickly)

and:

emote jumps up on top of ~bar, pulling down his pants for all to see!
remove pants

:)

BTW: Red Storm has farms, but it's also definitely in the middle of the desert. Most of the grain fields around RS are virtual, I believe. Allanak does have a few farming villages. They're to the north of Storm.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on October 16, 2013, 02:57:31 PM
Thanks FreeRangeVestric and Fujikoma- They sounded important to me at least anyway.  I did not start in a desert area, since it was described as a farming town, but I do plan on doing some traveling, so I figured, if they could actually be used, will be put to good use.   :D  Plus who knows how far the sand travels... I am hearing about endless sands or something and bad wind storms...

Hehe, trust me, you started in just about the desert-est of desert areas by picking Red Storm. Honestly, it is probably not the best starting location for a new player, but... Might as well get used to Arm's harshness by starting in one of the harshest places there is, I suppose. (=

Red Storm equals desert storms... Doh!  :o  It said there was very few theiving and murders going on, so I figured it was one of the safest places.  Other towns said the Templars were too cruel and corrupted and 'rinth definately was not newbie friendly... maybe I will just stay for ever in the OOC room...   :P

Or just wish up and ask if you can point again.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Yeah...Red Storm is not really this sort of farming village...

...but a little more similar to this:

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 03:27:18 PM
Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on October 16, 2013, 02:57:31 PM

Red Storm equals desert storms... Doh!  :o  It said there was very few theiving and murders going on, so I figured it was one of the safest places.  Other towns said the Templars were too cruel and corrupted and 'rinth definately was not newbie friendly... maybe I will just stay for ever in the OOC room...   :P

I believe the help files say that there isn't much thieving and murder in Red Storm because thieves and murderers are too soft for Red Storm. Or something along those lines. =p

That being said, you are right that the village itself is relatively safe so long as you don't anger the wrong people, since the militia there enforces a sort of heavy-handed peace. However, the area around the village is about as dangerous as it gets as far as wildlife goes, and any enemies you manage to make inside the gates can simply look for you once you leave, and the guards will take about 0 interest.

So, like I say, probably not the best newbie area! Still, try to make the most of it, since you've already picked. Don't be too discouraged if death comes quickly, and consider rolling up in one of the major cities next time! I find that's a much better way to get familiar with the game, but I'm sure others have learned in some of the more dangerous areas before.

Those corrupt Templars are really harmless pussycats. Well, at least next to a Silt Horror. (=

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on October 16, 2013, 03:38:26 PM

I believe the help files say that there isn't much thieving and murder in Red Storm because thieves and murderers are too soft for Red Storm. Or something along those lines. =p

That being said, you are right that the village itself is relatively safe so long as you don't anger the wrong people, since the militia there enforces a sort of heavy-handed peace. However, the area around the village is about as dangerous as it gets as far as wildlife goes, and any enemies you manage to make inside the gates can simply look for you once you leave, and the guards will take about 0 interest.

So, like I say, probably not the best newbie area! Still, try to make the most of it, since you've already picked. Don't be too discouraged if death comes quickly, and consider rolling up in one of the major cities next time! I find that's a much better way to get familiar with the game, but I'm sure others have learned in some of the more dangerous areas before.

Those corrupt Templars are really harmless pussycats. Well, at least next to a Silt Horror. (=

Haha!  Alright, thank you.  I will try my best.   :D

Quote from: manipura on October 16, 2013, 03:36:21 PM
Yeah...Red Storm is not really this sort of farming village...

...but a little more similar to this:

You know, with all seriosuness... the first picture is how I actually envisioned it, minus the water ways and such lushness of the land, but close enough.   :D  But now with everyone telling me other wise, I picture it as the deserts of Morrowwind, with the desert winds coming at you at high speed ripping flesh from bone and blackening everything and the blight making people sick, etc.  What the hell did I get myself into!?  Haha!   Puts on the slit goggles.  8)

Quote from: Jherlen on October 16, 2013, 03:13:47 PM

In the game world, just ask yourself: What would happen if you took your pants off in the middle of a street or a bar in real life?

In general, try and use emotes (whether via the emote command or command emotes attached to other commands) to explain more about what your character is doing and how. As you might expect. There's a difference between:

emote steps behind a bunk to conceal himself while he changes from ~pants into ~trousers.
remove pants
wear trousers (slipping them on quickly)

and:

emote jumps up on top of ~bar, pulling down his pants for all to see!
remove pants

:)

BTW: Red Storm has farms, but it's also definitely in the middle of the desert. Most of the grain fields around RS are virtual, I believe. Allanak does have a few farming villages. They're to the north of Storm.

I picture the reaction to be the same as from Blazing Saddles.   :D

I wanted to try and practice my emoting as the help files suggested, but it wont allow me, assuming because I am still in the Out-of-Character room.  So I guess I will have to step out and go look for a bonnie lass and have my way with her talk to her about the weather in general... "Nice sand storms we're having..." *smiles stupidly and falls off barstool...*

And what does 'virtual' mean?  Made up in the sense that even in the game world they do not exist, can not be interacted with or even seen with one's eyes... only spoken about being there?

Virtual in this sense is anything that exists in the game world, but not the coded world. Like the millions of other humans and elves you can read in the Mdescs of city rooms. Or the birds, bugs, and plant life that is there, but cant be interacted with codedly.

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 04:46:45 PM
I guess I will have to step out and go look for a bonnie lass and have my way with her talk to her about the weather in general... "Nice sand storms we're having..." *smiles stupidly and falls off barstool...*
And that's fine! Emoting is pretty encouraged when you're in the game world, even if you're just practicing. You can emote and have a whole conversation with an NPC if you're too afraid to talk with a PC.

And what does 'virtual' mean?  Made up in the sense that even in the game world they do not exist, can not be interacted with or even seen with one's eyes... only spoken about being there?

Correct, it means something exists, but isn't a coded object or character or location in the game. When you enter a tavern, for example, you'll generally see about 3-5 NPCs in the room plus however many PCs are there. That doesn't mean that only 3-5 people are in the room besides you. The rest of the people there can be considered "virtual" (in Armageddon we use the term "vNPC" as shorthand to refer to these virtual people.) The reason we use these virtual people is that having several dozen NPCs in a crowded tavern would be quite spammy. Even in public locations where there are no NPCs in the room, like streets for instance, there are probably still virtual NPCs on the road besides your character. So keep in mind if you try and attack someone on a road in broad daylight, someone will probably see and report it to the guards.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: Lizzie on October 16, 2013, 03:07:21 PM
1. Definitions:
Wield = EP (P = primary)
Hold = ES (S = secondary)
Dual-wield = ETWO
To switch from one of those, to another, you use the command CHANGE, this way:

change hands ep etwo
or
change hands etwo es

Which would switch your primary "wielded" weapon, to a dual-wield position, with both hands wrapped around the handle of the weapon.
or
which would switch from having both hands wrapped around the weapon, to being held (ES) in your secondary hand.

2. Certain weapons and tools can only be wielded, and not held. It sounds like that sawtooth sword cannot be held. Conversely, certain bows and tools can only be held, and not wielded.

3. By choosing things totally contrary to what people have recommended, you have discovered WHY people recommend otherwise.

4. You can only wear one item per wear slot. That is the nature of the code. There are LOTS of wear slots - I believe 8 "finger" slots just for rings - a neck AND a throat slot, a torso AND a body slot, a "belt" AND a waist slot, a head AND a face slot. If you type EQ you will see what you're wearing, and which slot it's taking up.

5. Items in the game are singular, when it comes to manipulating the code. You put all.cake pack, not put all.cakes. If you're transferring from one container to the other (such as from a bag to your pack) the command is pour bag pack. This does not work on all containers, such as trying to pour a bag of items onto certain furniture items in apartments.

6. Theft: if you are wearing something and that something can be closed, and it IS closed, then no one can steal whatever is inside it. However, they can still knock you unconscious, then steal the whole container, which will result in them having your container, plus everything that's inside it. If you don't have something in a container, and it's just loose in your inventory, then it is MUCH easier for someone to steal it from you. That's why people suggest that you pocket your items. Typing INV will display which items are loose in your inventory, and not secure in a pocket or container.

1.  Thank you for that, I was using the help files, but it is much more convenient to simply read it all at once instead of typing and scrolling and retyping, etc.  However, I am still a bit confused and was not sure how to go back to how it was originally, so I simply removed it and then rewielded it.

2.  How do you find out which can be 'held' and which can only be 'wielded'?  I 'view' before I buy, but it does not mention anything about wielding or holding...

3.  I did try and go with what was recommended, minus my starting race.  The game says to roleplay and I can simply do it better as a Half-Elf, although I also read a Human can be anything, so a loaner could have also been possible, but I like the plight of the Half-Elf.  As far as for starting location, I did take into consideration other people's suggestions while also reading the help files... I suppose on that one the help files won out, but I definitely did not choose the 'rinth as someone else whole heartedly suggested against it.

4.  Makes sense, although I am curious how serious the game is regarding wearing said items.  Some I know have to take off something to put something on and then reput what you were wearing to begin with, instead of being automatic.  Kind of like wearing your underware on the out side of your pants, who actually does that!? *walks quietly away to change...*

5.  Thank you.

6.  I was curious about that, I figured how hard could it really be to pull a draw string or unzip or unbutton a bag from behind.  Like in high school when you walk carefully and unzip a buddies backpack with out them knowing and then rezip it, but they never notice.  My INV is completely empty and my cloak is closed.  Can you focus on a specific body part like a head when attacking or trying to sap some one and if the victim wears a helmet keeps them from being knocked out or at least drastically reduces the chance? 'help sap' did not mention it and nothing came under 'help helmet' and 'help armor' did not show what I was asking, just that it protects some what, not protects against sap or surprise knock out.

And thanks for all the help.   :)

October 16, 2013, 05:27:59 PM #94 Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:31:59 PM by Fujikoma
Superheros... Superheros wear their underwear on the outside... No one knows why...

EDIT: Speaking of sneaking up on people and doing silly things, when I was in the army I used to creep up on people who stood really still while talking and gently place a rock on top of their helmet, then sneak away.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Jherlen on October 16, 2013, 05:11:15 PM
Correct, it means something exists, but isn't a coded object or character or location in the game. When you enter a tavern, for example, you'll generally see about 3-5 NPCs in the room plus however many PCs are there. That doesn't mean that only 3-5 people are in the room besides you. The rest of the people there can be considered "virtual" (in Armageddon we use the term "vNPC" as shorthand to refer to these virtual people.) The reason we use these virtual people is that having several dozen NPCs in a crowded tavern would be quite spammy. Even in public locations where there are no NPCs in the room, like streets for instance, there are probably still virtual NPCs on the road besides your character. So keep in mind if you try and attack someone on a road in broad daylight, someone will probably see and report it to the guards.

Thanks RogueGunslinger and Jherlen!  I read about people who were not coded, but still there.  I was hoping the farms were coded, but that is fine.  However, does it state when you 'look' that there are virtual people in the tavern, with out using the term 'virtual'?  I mean if it is night time do you just assume most everyone is asleep or it will give a description like 'the streets are barren' or even that does not count, virtual people are just every where regardless of what it says or time of day, etc.?

The notion of griefing in armageddon is so pathetic. As long as everything is kosher and no rules are being broken, dont cry too much.

I've learned this.

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: Jherlen on October 16, 2013, 05:11:15 PM

Thanks RogueGunslinger and Jherlen!  I read about people who were not coded, but still there.  I was hoping the farms were coded, but that is fine.  However, does it state when you 'look' that there are virtual people in the tavern, with out using the term 'virtual'?  I mean if it is night time do you just assume most everyone is asleep or it will give a description like 'the streets are barren' or even that does not count, virtual people are just every where regardless of what it says or time of day, etc.?

Virtual people are present when the room description or room echoes say they're present.

If the room description says the streets are barren, then the streets are barren.

If the room description says it's bustling and busy, then it's bustling and busy.

Quote from: NewPlayer on October 16, 2013, 05:31:23 PM
I read about people who were not coded, but still there.  I was hoping the farms were coded, but that is fine.  However, does it state when you 'look' that there are virtual people in the tavern, with out using the term 'virtual'?  I mean if it is night time do you just assume most everyone is asleep or it will give a description like 'the streets are barren' or even that does not count, virtual people are just every where regardless of what it says or time of day, etc.?

There are coded farming villages and ranches, but not ones controlled by the government of Red Storm. Allanak has at least a few coded ones in the vicinity of the city.

Many rooms will have different descriptions depending on the time of day. I can't say with certainty that they will always mention the presence/absence of people, but you can assume there are more people out during the day than at night. Taverns you can safely assume are never totally empty, since at the very least there will always be NPCs there.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Honestly the best way to learn about what the rooms look like, is to go into the rooms and look. Many of the things you're asking about, you don't actually need to know prior to game play. Such as removing your cloak before removing your shirt. If you were to actually -try- to remove your shirt, you'd discover that - yes, you can do that. Does it make sense to do it? Probably not. But don't feel you need to micromanage every movement your character makes. You can also "fudge it," by using the emote system.

With the cloak/shirt example, let's assume you have a cuirass you want to wear instead of the shirt. So you can:

rem cloak
rem shirt
wear cuirass

Or you can

rem shirt (after shrugging ~cloak off ^me shoulders)
wear cuirass [and drapes ~cloak around &me)

which would result in others seeing:

>After shrugging his hooded desert-camouflaged greatcloak off his shoulders, the tall handsome
man removes his sleeveless sandcloth shirt.

>The tall handsome man wears a duskhorn cuirass around his body, and drapes his hooded, desert-
camouflaged cloak around himself.

If you are really nervous about showing up in the game without understanding the concept of a virtual world, here's a room description from the logs on the original submissions webpage (the page itself can be found here:
http://www.armageddon.org/original/type/Logs )

QuoteThe Desert Rose [ES Quit]

Entering this busy bar is like stepping into a dimly-lit cave, the thick stone walls keeping it comfortably cool inside and adding to the cave-like feel of the place. A constant buzz of conversation fills the room, which is populated by elves from a variety of tribes. Narrow arrow slits on the western wall are draped with sandcloth to block the heat of the afternoon sun, but still let in a scant measure of filtered light. The sandcloth covers are rolled up and tied at dusk to let in the cool night breezes. The bar is on the north wall, and tables and chairs, most of them occupied, are grouped about the room in the shadows. On the south wall, a clear area provides a spot for dancing or entertainment to be performed. An elaborate archway in the eastern wall allows entry to a vibrantly-hued room,smoke writhing out past its entry curtain.
The desert elf outpost message board is propped up against the wall here.
A thick rug of shiny quirri hide lies on the floor beneath the arrow slits.
A multi-ringed dartboard hangs on a wall here.

So - the walls - are virtual. You can't interact with them. The "elves from a variety of tribes" are not coded - they're virtual. The description describes what your character sees, and you, the player, will imagine the ambiance of a crowded bar filled with a bunch of elves all wearing tribal colors, trinkets, feathers, etc. etc. Now, here's where it gets tricky: The bar is coded. The archway to the east really is a coded "exit" that you can go through to another room. I don't recall if there really is a curtain - but if there is, you can open and close it.
The message board - is *strictly* an OOC device. Your character cannot read, literacy is criminal in the entirety of the game-world, unless you are a noble or templar, or a high-enough-ranking GMH merchant family member who grew up learning to read and write the trade language Cavilish. The board is more of a "gossip clutch." Your character isn't reading a post; he's overhearing some gossip. That's how you'd treat it. Do pay attention to the dates on those posts though - they'll clue you in on whether or not anything is worth discussing with other characters you sit with at the bar (in other words - if Kadius was hiring, back in 2007, it's very likely that the agent who was hiring, is LONG dead, and you won't be able to find him for a job. BUT! You could still ask around if there's a Kadian agent doing any hiring currently).

The rug is a "sittable" object, and I believe at least 2 people can sit on it at the same time.

The dartboard is also a coded object. To use it, you need darts - you have to either ep or es the dart (both syntaxes will work), then "throw dart dartboard". Emoting around a game of darts can be a lot of fun, and it's actually a good way to practice your emotes. Just don't emote missing the dartboard and throwing a dart in someone's eye - that is considered "power-emoting" - and besides, if a staff member is peeking, he might make the world come to life and have your character arrested for attempted murder :)

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.