Rangers lost and alone.

Started by Silent Bob, September 01, 2003, 02:17:22 AM

If you can find things that you forage will people in the game buy them?  Like if I find a food item will someone buy it?  I would think rangers like to use bows, why did I not start with the abilty to fletch parts for arrows?

Cos just like every other class, you dont start out as God's gift to the world. People will buy food, not for much, but they will if it is cheaper than getting it some other way. Water is good too. If you went with archer you could make arrows, same with hunter.

My experience is that most things you can find will be bought by someone, somewhere.  I don't think it is a secret that most towns have grocers, and that most grocers both buy and sell food, so food is one of the easier items to unload on NPCs.  Selling to PCs has the potential to be more profitable, no matter what it is you are selling, but it can be difficult to hook up with PC customers.

Most rangers do have a talent for archery.  However archery, fletchery and bow making are seperate skills.  Warriors are good with swords, but that doesn't mean that every warrior knows how to make swords.  Rangers may branch fletchery later, but they don't start with it.  If you want to start knowing how to make your own arrows you need to take a subguild with the fletchery skill, like the Archer subguild.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Fletchery is worthless anyways.

QuoteFletchery is worthless anyways.

Hhhmm, I happen to have a quiver of PC crafted arrows right now, Good arrows too, can kill things with them even and the cost, far less then the npc merchants.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job