Indication whether a container is empty or not

Started by Bellator, September 10, 2013, 03:36:50 PM

When you have many containers sitting around some with things in them and some that are empty, it can be a real chore to sift through them to see which have things in them or not. Would it be possible to add some sort of indication when a container is empty?
Something like:
look

Room desc ...
A yellow bag rests here (empty)
A large purple bag rests here

k .
In the room:
  1..bag - a large yellow bag (empty)
  2..bag - a large purple bag
On a long wooden bench:
  3..bag - a plain bag of cloth
  4..bag - a small bag (empty)
  5..bag - a large grey bag
  6..bag - a large black bag

I dig this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I would prefer if it showed up as

a large bag
or
an empty large bag

I hate the (parentheses condition) things on other muds, as opposed to how on arm it has 'lit' or 'glowing' as part of the sdesc of an item without putting it in the parentheses at the end.

I like the idea, but I would prefer a display that was more in line with other displays (it also goes from 'a fancy glass goblet' to 'an empty fancy glass goblet' if you empty a liquid container, etc). The one with the unnecessary parentheses at the end would be a bit jarring for me, but, again, I think the idea is good, it's just the display I would alter.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Yeah, I think that is better for sure.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I too do not like (burning) (lit) (empty).

I would much rather see.

An empty large bag lies here.
You get an empty large bag.

If [empty] were made a temporary keyword on an item, I think that might solve the problem since you can now combine keywords to get exactly what you want.

For instance - if there are 4 different -types- of bags - plain, small, large, and tattered. There's 5 of each. Two of each are empty.

And you want an empty small bag.

All you'd have to do is...

get empty.small.bag crate

And voila - there's your empty small bag.

The coding would work however the food-eating works - a partially-eaten kalan fruit can change its sdesc to a small portion of a kalan fruit, and both "partially" and "small" will work as temporary keywords, when those changes to the item occur.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.