ArmageddonMUD Stats

Started by Myhrrn, August 31, 2013, 03:21:02 PM

Found this on the interwebs: Some useful information there.

http://www.mudstats.com/World/ArmageddonMUD

I missed something:  did Gimfalisette get a new job?

Thanks, Myhrrn.  Very interesting indeed.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Interesting.  HellMOO is our main competitor for the post-apocalyptic genre.  I never realized ArmageddonMUD was after an apocalypse had taken place.  What exactly classifies it as post-apocalypse and not high fantasy?
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Quote from: Orin on August 31, 2013, 07:09:44 PM
I never realized ArmageddonMUD was after an apocalypse had taken place.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Interesting.  HellMOO is our main competitor for the post-apocalyptic genre.  I never realized ArmageddonMUD was after an apocalypse had taken place.  What exactly classifies it as post-apocalypse and not high fantasy?

Zalanthas used to be a lush world until the Dragon came and destroyed it.

Sounds pretty apocalyptic to me!

Ok, I guess the following could be considered an apocalypse.

QuoteThe Dragon rules the Known World for four hundred years. Most life, poisoned by the Dragon's magick, spread black plagues among the populations. Elves, dwarves, and men scatter to the furthest reaches of the realm to avoid the terrible Dragon, his dread servants, and the killing plagues which accompanied them.
You notice: A war beetle squeezes out an Orin-sized ball of dung.

Technically, it should probably be post-apocalyptic low fantasy.  Zalanthas was a lush world until the Dragon came and destroyed it (in an event or two that can be considered pretty high fantasy individually--if anyone had actually played during the Dragon events, they would be spectacularly high fantasy).  Things make sense in general as part of a rational world, but you have these non-making-sense things on the periphery that occasionally take center stage.  (See also:  the recent HRPT).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

This is cool. Avg players per week was really cyclical throughout most of 2012, but in the past few months, we've held a steady average each week. a major change happened there ;)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

So those people who appear to be linkdead all the time are really just bots sending 'who' command to the mud every hour?

Quote from: KankWhisperer on August 31, 2013, 08:18:39 PM
So those people who appear to be linkdead all the time are really just bots sending 'who' command to the mud every hour?

The information is gathered via the MSSP protocol.  This is collected in a way Nathvaan can explain much better than I can, but essentially, no, it is not being gathered from linkdead people.  The linkdead PCs you see are linkdead PCs.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

We're doing good tonight. 66 people on :)
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

For a labor day, D*Con weekend, that is really good...

Quote from: Delirium on August 31, 2013, 10:53:57 PM

Not many armers here at Dcon :(
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Ender on August 31, 2013, 11:23:12 PM

We need to set up an APM like the old days, with a table and a laptop with working characters so people can watch over your shoulder.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on August 31, 2013, 11:30:39 PM

We need to set up an APM like the old days, with a table and a laptop with working characters so people can watch over your shoulder.
*stares over Shaleah's shoulder, breathing heavily*
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: razorback on September 01, 2013, 12:02:56 AM
Quote from: ShaLeah on August 31, 2013, 11:30:39 PM

*stares over Shaleah's shoulder, breathing heavily*
* ShaLeah cackles!

I'd play a Lirathan for that - if you get my drift.  ;)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Want to make those stats better? September's just started, hit the blue vote button!

Quote from: catchall on September 01, 2013, 12:19:48 AM
Want to make those stats better? September's just started, hit the blue vote button!
Hit the black one too!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I like the reviews. I love hearing what people say elsewhere about us. And there is always a grain of truth to there words. Wether it's an accurate portrayal of our game or not, at some point that player felt like that.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died