Syntax for Nenyuks item storage

Started by janeshephard, August 15, 2013, 05:59:54 PM

I can't find it anywhere in the help files. How do I deposit a box or a bag at Nenyuks?

And what's the fee?
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Help rent has what you need.

From the helpfiles...

> rent necklace
(When used in a Nenyuk bank, this will store the object in their vaults,
and you will be given a claim ticket for the item, which can be presented
when you want to reclaim.  Be aware that Nenyuk charges 100 obsidian for
such a service.
)
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Thanks!
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Only works for jewelry, if I recall.

Would be cool if it was an actual box you could flll with whatever small items. Rather than have a ticket system, every account has a 'box' which you can 'retrieve' fill/empty/add to/take from then 'return'...and they won't let you leave with it, and charge you a fee each time you return it.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 15, 2013, 06:40:58 PM
Would be cool if it was an actual box you could flll with whatever small items. Rather than have a ticket system, every account has a 'box' which you can 'retrieve' fill/empty/add to/take from then 'return'...and they won't let you leave with it, and charge you a fee each time you return it.

Safety deposit box, I agree.

I've heard it only works for jewelry, but in the past I rented keys, as well. Not sure if that's still true, but the problem is still, one at a time.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Yeah, that box would be an awesome idea.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

What exactly is the point of this service anyway?  Isn't a ticket just as easy to lose/have stolen than whatever it is you're storing?

I dunno.  A box would rock though.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 15, 2013, 11:50:48 PM
What exactly is the point of this service anyway?  Isn't a ticket just as easy to lose/have stolen than whatever it is you're storing?

I always assumed that those with the coin to not only -purchase- expensive jewelry, but have it be -so- expensive as to put it in a Nenyuk vault... were the ones that PROBABLY had a rather unassailable position/apartment/whatever anyways.

I never understood the ticketing system either. Though a storage box... I don't know. We have apartments. Apartments are able to be burglarized. I'm not a huge fan of like "Well I have this box full of expensive things. But its at Nenyuk. So you can never touch it. Haw haw."
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

My bux are there. Why not my nuts, too?

Assuming nenyuk gets a box system, who gets the loot when the PC dies?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Riev on August 16, 2013, 02:56:28 AM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 15, 2013, 11:50:48 PM

I always assumed that those with the coin to not only -purchase- expensive jewelry, but have it be -so- expensive as to put it in a Nenyuk vault... were the ones that PROBABLY had a rather unassailable position/apartment/whatever anyways.

IMO, it makes a lot of sense that there could be Zalanthan commoners with some valuable glittering trinket, whether inherited, stolen, received as a gift or bribe, etc (who said it was purchased?), which they would store as a fallback, so if times get tough, they have something they could use for a lifesaving bribe, or to pawn off for much needed coin.  Yeah, codewise, a ticket is no more convenient or concealable than a delicate piece of valuable jewelry, but IC it sure is.  You can tuck a ticket in your shoe, but you should probably avoid doing that with your grannie Talia's sapphire-encrusted choker.

It may not be an attractive service for the average player, who enjoys the magic of "close pack" and "quit" and "new PC" and "10 days played to fantastic riches!" but to an average Zalanthan trying to scrape by and living with an extended family of roommates who may wish to swipe their riches or demand a share, it seems like a valuable service to me.

Well, let's also consider than Nenyuk is already capable of identifying you without issuing a ticket, for purposes of bank withdrawals.  Why not do the same with this service?  That, IMO, would make it actually useful.

(The safety deposit box idea is also pretty neat.)

Quote from: Harmless on August 16, 2013, 11:21:48 AM
Assuming nenyuk gets a box system, who gets the loot when the PC dies?

Nenyuks do. Just like with all your coins when you die.

Well, I brought it up because while coins are just coins, objects can sometimes be important for plots... If there isn't some way of accessing the stored things on PC death, then I think we have a problem, potentially... The storage with a ticket system allows one to retrieve stored things from a dead or uncooperative PC, but a lockbox without such a link can be inaccessible for pretty silly reasons.

This likely would rarely be an issue, and it can be resolved with imm help, but I wanted to ask about it anyhow. Like, do we want to have keys for these lockboxes, for instance?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

It would be great to be able to stash away a few valuable things that couldn't be stolen, it's already a pain in the arse enough having everything you known robbed on a regular basis because apartments are apparently way easy to break into.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

What I like about the ticket system is that your item is not lost when you die. So special one time mastercrafted items may still have the potential to remain in game.

Not withstanding the obligatory died to some far off place in the wilds or to massive npc #304 and sandstorms or reboots during times of death..
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I really wish that things didn't die with reboot.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 16, 2013, 07:53:15 PM
I really wish that things didn't die with reboot.

I think they get moved out of the world and into some lost and found for people to claim with requests.

Otherwise it goes poof.

Yeh, but I wish that corpses turned into a skeleton object, and that the goods on that corpse stayed there through reboot, etc. I wish meat rotted. I wish clothing tattered over the years. I wish you really could go, four years from now, and find that steel sword that another player dropped at some point long ago.

I wish.

I wish too.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 16, 2013, 10:50:50 PM
Yeh, but I wish that corpses turned into a skeleton object, and that the goods on that corpse stayed there through reboot, etc. I wish meat rotted. I wish clothing tattered over the years. I wish you really could go, four years from now, and find that steel sword that another player dropped at some point long ago.

I wish.

But if all that happened how could you afford the ridiculous prices on alcohol?

Either don't drink at the bar,  or ... wait. You'd look like a real Zalanthian.