On encumberance

Started by Dresan, August 06, 2013, 08:39:33 PM

Quote from: Nyr
It is usually beyond the "manageable" point.  Per the helpfile, the more heavily loaded you are, the worse it may be for moving/fighting, so you can determine that threshold in-game pretty easily.

Wow. I always thought though there was a noticeable combat performance difference even between 'light' and 'easily manageable'.

Since we should easily be able to determine it in game, was this just my imagination then? 

No. There is. Thing is, there is a point in your skill progression where you need to play closer attention to see it. Nyr's answer is dead on for the question exactly as it was asked.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Sometimes things you should really be very easily able to ascertain normally are things you are asked to "find out IG" about, such as whether you would feel like the weight you are carrying will hamper your combat ability.

It really should just say "With your current encumbrance, you feel that your combat ability is not/slightly/very/extremely hampered." beneath your encumbrance, because if I sling a backpack on, I am immediately able to tell that punchin a dude will be a lot harder while wearing it

I agree with this. I think this goes along the same lines as the way skill levels are now displayed. It just makes sense, and I would love to see more informational blurbs in game. There is a certain disconnect with what we know IRL versus what our characters know IG that comes with our game, and there are times that bridging the gap takes guesswork, not knowledge.

This isn't one of those times, but a blurb would still be jiffy.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870