Bloody Weapons

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2003, 01:31:54 PM

In game, I've seen bloodied helms, bloodied tunics, bloodied strands of teeth, etc, but I've never seen a bloodied weapon. Would it be possible for weapons to become blood stained after they draw blood when hitting someone? My characters have only been in a couple fights, so this might already be implemented and I've just missed it. If so, carry on.

It is semi-implemented. Your weapon gets bloodied for certain reasons, but usually not from normal, straight-up combat from what I've seen.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

My weapon gets bloody all the time.  :twisted:

Keep on hackin'

I recently had a bone longsword that got the "bloody" prefix after killing a few gurth and a carru with it.  Nothing unusual.
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

My buff-assed dude just can't keep the blood off of his weapons.  You just play wimpy characters.  YOU NEED TO MUD LIKE A REAL MAN.

What about seeing a bloodied obsidian longsword near a Large Clawed Footprint !!! (in character details excluded   8)  )
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

From what I've seen. There are only a few unussual ways that your weapons get bloodied. As the bloodied code for objects tends to be that it's YOU blood, it has to be special scrips that bloody things beyond that I'm guessing.

I personally wouldn't like to see it far more common. Mabye a blood and gore flag for weapons that are heaviely used or something.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

From what I can tell..When you get very powerful hits on something, usually after a few of those your blades will become bloody..
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

And when you do certain other things.... like jab swords deep into things.

Yeah, there's nothing unusual about my guy and his strength isn't all that great either.  He's forever wiping blood off of his weapon.