Waying echo and low stun

Started by Potaje, August 01, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

I know this has been mentioned before, and the easy solution is simply to be more aware of ones stun when waying.

But sometimes things get heated or intense over the way and your rolling off your thought with little pause as it comes to you. It would be nice to have a warning, buffer zone, at stun level 10-20, saying -you begin to feel dizzy-.

This would work for most any time your stun was at that point. and seem pretty realistic that you might notice your over doing things before completely knocking yourself out.

I know, a patch for dummies, right.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Do you not put your stun levels in your prompt?   ???

I dig this for the realism!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Heehee! It's in my prompt and yet...
It's ok. I play it off as my pc is an idiot.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You can put a trigger in your client to beep if it gets too low.  This helps!

Oh my god. That would be SO freaking amazing. I have my ST in my prompt...but basically I'm an idiot. My characters pass out way too much.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

I find it kind of hilarious when extremely powerful people, plagued as they are by mass Wayings, suddenly collapse in the bar.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I think that Potaje's idea of the code idea.
Fredd-

I like this idea. Instead of "you suffer from use of the way" It could start saying "you greatly suffer from the way, and feel dizzy" as you get lower.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 01, 2013, 07:58:00 PM
I like this idea. Instead of "you suffer from use of the way" It could start saying "you greatly suffer from the way, and feel dizzy" as you get lower.

+1
Fredd-

My way stats will turn red when they fall below 50% :X

Also if you wanted you could always just throw in a trigger to echo exactly what you wanted. In fact...*does that right now*.

anyway +1

Quote from: Wastrel on August 01, 2013, 09:24:15 PM
My way stats will turn red when they fall below 50% :X

Also if you wanted you could always just throw in a trigger to echo exactly what you wanted. In fact...*does that right now*.

anyway +1

+1
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I'm not popular enough to collapse from Waying...  :'(

+1 anyway...
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on August 02, 2013, 09:03:56 AM
I'm not popular enough to collapse from Waying...  :'(

+1 anyway...

It's alright, they are all to intimidated by you to think it is okay to way you without your expressed permission.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I think people should collapse from the way more often, not less! :0

This has never really been a problem for me.  I think I have passed out from the way once in five years or something.  Is it really that big of an issue with other people?  I have my stun in my prompt and if it gets to a certain point I just stop waying.

Only when I start a new PC and forget I suck.

;D

Lower stun cost on Waying by a massive amount.

Problem fixed.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: Refugee on August 05, 2013, 10:43:58 AM

;D

@janeshepard: I could see that, especially if things were done in such a way that contact attempts, barriers, and everything else was totally unchanged, so the only real meat and potatoes of the results of that change would be allowing you to talk more -to the same person-, or to use the same stun taken now, to keep subsequently talking if you're contact/cease'ing 3 people and carrying on a bunch of conversations.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on August 05, 2013, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Refugee on August 05, 2013, 10:43:58 AM

;D

@janeshepard: I could see that, especially if things were done in such a way that contact attempts, barriers, and everything else was totally unchanged, so the only real meat and potatoes of the results of that change would be allowing you to talk more -to the same person-, or to use the same stun taken now, to keep subsequently talking if you're contact/cease'ing 3 people and carrying on a bunch of conversations.

Tell ya what - do that, with the added bonus of *automatially* bringing your stun points to ZERO if you try to do this in a bar, or other public place where other people are apt to pay attention to your character...

Because, y'know, it's more realistic to be paying attention to your surroundings and not be able to pay attention to other people in your head...Or uh - it's more realistic to have telepathic conversations with three different people, but not notice the templar in the bar asking your name.

And hm - how about negative points if you DO notice the templar in the bar asking your name, while having a telepathic conversation with three different people, but only because you color-coded the word "you" in your mud client so that you, the player, would be better able to notice even though your character *should* be too busy trying not to pass out, to notice anyone or anything in the bar - and in fact should probably have his eyes shut, or maybe be...in a quiet room by himself?

Sorry - making it easier for people to use telepathy does not excite me. Making it more difficult to use telepathy doesn't excite me either. The only people who should have it harder, are people who are trying to multi-task. And the only people who should have it easier, are psionicists. Presently, the code supports exactly that, and so I'm satisfied with it.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: janeshephard on August 05, 2013, 12:40:10 PM
Lower stun cost on Waying by a massive amount.

Problem fixed.

No. These aren't telephones. These are minds.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870