Could someone help me find...

Started by path, July 04, 2013, 08:13:21 AM

The DEFINITIVE list of nouns that can be used in sdescs ?

I seem to have misplaced it.

Perhaps looking for the nouns that CANT be in sdescs would be easier. I can't find them either, however.

July 04, 2013, 09:55:53 AM #2 Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:57:55 AM by mansa
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa you get a prize!

Empty promises!!!

Thank you.

This is something we're working on and reviewing right now.  You can expect a new-website version soon!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on July 08, 2013, 09:33:09 AM
This is something we're working on and reviewing right now.  You can expect a new-website version soon!

I really look forward to seeing this in action!

I know the 1-2 breeds I've seen get through character approval with 'breed' in their sdesc.... I loved. I never got why you couldn't use breed in a sdesc but halfbreed was alright. Or why maiden was alright but breed was not.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

http://armageddon.org/help/view/Sdesc%20Words

Updated with changes based on review now that we have had 7 years to review it some more.

Removed:  brute, crone, hag, lad, lass, maiden

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on July 08, 2013, 10:32:31 AMnever got why you couldn't use breed in a sdesc but halfbreed was alright.

This was explained way back in the day.  Basically, it's too close to slang to be used.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on July 08, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Sdesc%20Words

Updated with changes based on review now that we have had 7 years to review it some more.

Removed:  brute, crone, hag, lad, lass, maiden

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on July 08, 2013, 10:32:31 AMnever got why you couldn't use breed in a sdesc but halfbreed was alright.

This was explained way back in the day.  Basically, it's too close to slang to be used.

That's awesome Nyr, thanks! (I was never a fan of lad/lass) I don't think I saw the explanation of the breed thing but that makes sense.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I used to see plenty of "lass" and "lad." Guess that was a recent change.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on July 08, 2013, 02:50:38 PM
I used to see plenty of "lass" and "lad." Guess that was a recent change.

The ones removed were removed as of today, so yep, very recent!

So much for the brutish maiden  :'(

Not that I particularly care, but may I ask why lass and lad were removed? (I don't care because this isn't going to stop me from calling people "lass" or "lad" when some of my PCs talk.)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

QuoteRemoved:  brute, crone, hag, lad, lass, maiden

brute:  descriptive, sure, but not as an objective physical description (it has certain connotations that are attached that go beyond objective physical characteristics)
crone:  descriptive but not an objective, physical description word (see above)
hag:  descriptive but again back in the same boat as above
lad/lass:  seen as a bit too close to boy/girl to be deemed acceptable for an sdesc word
maiden:  descriptive, but also has connotations that go beyond objective physical characteristics

YES. Fuck you people and your maidens! You can be called that anymore, so HAH.

(mostly in jest, don't feel bad if you've made those characters, because I've made plenty of Brutes)