Thank You

Started by slvrmoontiger, July 01, 2013, 03:42:05 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to all the volunteers that put a lot of effort into making Arm work and fun. This includes the ones that do the online chat help.

I would like to share an experience I had with an online chat help. I recently lost a character due to a PK and in over 5 years of on again off again play I had never experienced this. I was completely pissed because a lot had gone into this character and there were a lot of really good plots and story twists that involved and included at least 5 or 6 different characters. This was really really good and lots of fun. Since I had never experienced this sort of stuff. Usually the fault would be completely mine for doing something as mundane and stupid as trying to tame a wild inix when I wasn't nearly a good enough rider, just because you're lucky one time doesn't mean you will be another sure it was advanced riding, but anyways I digress. I decided to talk to someone on the online help chat thing. This person made several suggestions and was very helpful. One suggestion was to create a couple throw away characters so I could put the blame of character deaths back on me. I said no I don't doing that.

My new character was approved and I was going to play it to a ripe old age. Well it just recently became a throw away character. When you accidentally run your character into a tembo in less than 24 hours played on this character while chasing around a gurth the character indeed becomes a throw away character. And you know what blame is back on me for doing something stupid. I feel a lot better and have no hostilities toward the character that killed that loved character. I understand that this was needed to be done and why.

So all in all. Thank you very much to all the volunteers and people if you ever or when you ever use the online chat help please take their advice it does help a lot.

Thank You
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Haha, this made me smile.  Glad your latest character helped you with your Dead PC Blues, and its good to hear that we helpers can be helpful every once in a while.  A stupid death can be just the thing to help you get over a painful death. Just remember not to discuss the details of recent deaths on the gdb - you may want to edit your post a bit to remove some of those details.  Thanks for playing!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I'd also like to say thank you to the Helpers! 

I've never used your services myself, but I do direct newbies to speak to you.  And through them, I hear plenty about how helpful you are - undoubtedly, your efforts are keeping many of these new players with us and helping them grow into eventual bittervets, which I think is absolutely vital to the health of the game.

So once again, thank you for your valued time and effort!
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I am eternally grateful to Laura and BC for putting up with my shenanigans.