Rap! Rap! Rap! "No... It's not the Templarate."

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2003, 04:34:29 AM

Okay... First at least the echo I recieve when knocking seems like I'm banging on the door with all my might. Maybe using some sort of heavy object.

So I got the idea that perhaps the echo you recieve could be changed abit, maybe even the echo the others receive if it's similar.

Also, what does everyone think of being able to knock in stronger or lighter?

>knock north gate soft

You rap lightly on the wide gate.

>knock north gate

You rap on the wide gate.

>knock north gate hard

You rap loudly on the wide gate.

Now, this would only work if your providing both direction and door, as if you don't it'd think soft, and hard would be the door or direction, but thats miniscule. I think it's a wonderful idea. And already idea'd it.

Creeper

> knock door north rapid
You knock on the door, producing a rapid succession of percussive sounds!

Seriously, though, I do kinda like it...if nothing more, for atmosphere.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

maybe the ability to add an emote to it, as in movement?

That might give alittle too much room for abuse, the adding an emote to it.

knock secret south (It's bob, noones around quick open up!)

BUT various knocking things... Like soft, hard, quick, slow or something like that would be interesting... Several coded ways to allow for knocking passwords and such, without letting in room for abuse.

Oh, yeah. Came up with something awhile back but forgot to add it. Maybe the ability to hear knocks from other rooms... Maybe needing to be actively listening with quiet knocks from other rooms, but with loud knocks it echoes all around the room your knocking in, and maybe to the rooms connected to the room opposite of the door? Might bother the neighbor acrossed the hall way when your trying to get your buddy out of bed for morning training, but hell, thats progress!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Don't forget:

The muscled, thick skulled half-giant knocks hard on the door to the north.

The door to the north disintigrates into a shower of splinters.

The muscled, thick skulled half-giant says in sirihish,
"Oops."
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Don't forget rhythmic!  The dapper, well-oiled man raps on the door in a cheezy rhythm, making you ill at his senseless lack of door-knocking class.
hang is actually...