Mount warfare!

Started by Doublepalli, June 23, 2013, 11:57:52 PM

Quote from: Desertman on June 26, 2013, 11:08:41 AM
I hate to just say "no".

Just saying "no" is so closed minded. I can see how this would work. You would just have to make the ability something that is tagged onto a higher karma class.

In a world where people throw fireballs, I just find it hard to say anything is "unrealistic" or "op". You can justify just about anything in a world where dragons exist and mindbenders are actually real.

This isn't unrealistic or OP in Zalanthan terms, it is however very unbalanced from a "this is a game" view point if not given the right karma restriction.

So to the new player. "Yes, this would be possible and isn't a horrible idea, it would just have to be very carefully implemented, and probably won't be implemented any time soon."

Hey now! Im not a shining newbie anymore! Just a little bit less of one ;) Got near everything down, except for think/feel/solo rp....trying to get into that mindset.

Trying to tell everyone that you're not a noob is a clear indicator that you are a noob.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on June 26, 2013, 01:53:34 PM
Trying to tell everyone that you're not a noob is a clear indicator that you are a noob.

Slightly less of one ;)

June 26, 2013, 02:48:11 PM #28 Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:51:24 PM by Delirium
Quote from: Doublepalli on June 26, 2013, 11:56:02 AMHey now! Im not a shining newbie anymore! Just a little bit less of one ;) Got near everything down, except for think/feel/solo rp....trying to get into that mindset.

One thing that helps is this: approach your gaming sessions as if you are telling chapters of a story, or better yet, episodes of a television show. Therefore you are always telling that story and illustrating it (emotes, thinks, feels), whether or not there is another (visible) character. Not only are you rarely as alone as you think you are, but I find that helps keep you rooted in your character so that when someone does show up, you know exactly what you are doing and where you are in the narrative.

Note that this doesn't mean you have to constantly think and emote and be 'interesting'. It just means that you should be keeping up a consistent narrative regardless of who is there to see it.

My take.

edits: stupid phone

I would rather see this made into a whole 'druid' type guild (that would be just as hated as any magicker) than put into Rangers.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

June 27, 2013, 12:42:38 AM #30 Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:45:38 AM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: bcw81 on June 26, 2013, 09:16:31 PM
I would rather see this made into a whole 'druid' type guild (that would be just as hated as any magicker) than put into Rangers.

Psionicist light?

From original submissions:
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

While we're at it, I would really like warriors to have a mountable summoned battle cat.

I'm willing to accept Druid characters and let the northern Templars just fly around on the sticks they have up their asses all the time if it'll help get me my battle cat.

I'll name it Pickles.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

The Mekillot whisperer
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

If only Gage Gritshaw had had a blond wig and a Kiyet Lion for a mount....
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Lord Amos and his battle cat Cringer.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.