Fights in the rinth

Started by theebie, June 12, 2013, 06:11:10 AM

Hi,

what about this idea:

if you fight a npc in the rinth, and that npc gets below 20%hp, he has a 80% chance to from then on flee and not fight on.
then there'd be less dead rinth npcs ...

This already is the case, it is.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

It's true, but since the free-strike code went in, fleeing is rather less likely to result in the NPC escaping alive.  This could be addressed by adjusting the scripts to have them flee at a higher HP level (just like smart players started doing when the free-strike code went in).

Meh. If a PC wants an NPC dead, and has the coded power to do it, it's gonna happen whether the NPC spamflees or not.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 06, 2013, 05:09:02 PM
Meh. If a PC wants an NPC dead, and has the coded power to do it, it's gonna happen whether the NPC spamflees or not.

Sometimes the NPC wants the PC dead... But bites off more than they can chew.

If this is happening to you a lot in the Labyrinth, you should take a good, long look at the "why" and adjust accordingly.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 06, 2013, 05:24:55 PM
If this is happening to you a lot in the Labyrinth, you should take a good, long look at the "why" and adjust accordingly.

Or don't adjust at all if your character is a badass who gets off on hurting people who try to steal from him or hurt him. :D

July 07, 2013, 12:37:03 AM #7 Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:42:20 AM by Qzzrbl
Just saying.

Those particular NPCs are a way of saying, "You're probably not representing yourself properly if you're from around here." if they keep pestering you.

But that's just me.

July 07, 2013, 04:47:21 AM #8 Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:32:10 PM by Harmless
Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 06, 2013, 05:24:55 PM

I agree with RGS here. The labyrinth is no-crim-code for a reason. And I don't feel sorry for any of those NPCs.

I don't think there's any rule that you always have to fit in to the environment you're in. Just expect to face consequences, and beware for unseen eyes.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on July 07, 2013, 04:47:21 AM
The labyrinth is no-crim-code for a reason.

It's also "get your ass jumped by NPCs for doing something wrong" for a reason.

Yea, you are indeed doing something wrong in the rinth, you are breathing. Taking up my precious air. But that can be fixed.

Seriously though, yes, like anywhere in zalanathas, own to much and get it taken, its just a bit more extreme in the rinth and rightfully so.
Life sucks, then you die.

I think all the dead rotting corpses of NPC's in the 'rinth are part of the flavor. It still creeps me the hell out every time I come across it and when I was a newb it left me with an engrained respect for the danger of the alleys. Even as a bit of a 'rinth vet now, feeling like I have staying alive in the 'Rinth pretty figured out - I'm always still scared and that's the way it should be. If your character takes particular offense the bodies lying around...be the change and make some 'sid at the same time.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on July 08, 2013, 06:18:01 AM
I think all the dead rotting corpses of NPC's in the 'rinth are part of the flavor.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 08, 2013, 11:16:00 PM
Quote from: Maso on July 08, 2013, 06:18:01 AM
I think all the dead rotting corpses of NPC's in the 'rinth are part of the flavor.

> taste room
It tastes like corpses rotting in alleys. And vomit.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

(licks the wall)

The snozberries taste like snozberries!
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.