FOUR: The Motion Picture (Family Role Casting Call)

Started by Ouroboros, June 11, 2013, 10:16:07 PM

From the Director of Kadian Wine (Ivory Globe, 1605) and the Executive Producer of One Flew Over the Shield Wall (Best Magick Effects, Tek Awards, 1617) comes FOUR, the legendary story of a family divided across the Known by their heritage and reunited by fate.

The production is currently holding an open casting call for three of the lead roles in FOUR. In true Zalanthan fashion the roles are open to any gender, but are limited to human actors of varied experience and backgrounds. Further, two of the roles require specialized (non-mundane) talents due to the needs of the script. Due to the nature of the production, shooting will take place in several on-site locations and applicants should be prepared for a long-term contract engagement. The roles available are as follows:

• "Suk-Krath" - Open (Non-mundane Role)
  • "Jihae" - Open
  • "Lirathu" - Open  (Non-mundane Role)
  • "Black Moon" - Closed

Actors interested in auditioning for a role should contact the director via PM and express their interest in order to receive further information, before submitting their CV and headshots (ie. character concept) for review.
This notice will be updated as role availability changes.

Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

Lol!!! This is an awesome role call, you even made a poster. That's great. I would put in for this just on awesomeness of the call alone, alas I have a character. Looking forward to watching the film though. :p
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Much obliged! I felt an epic family, two years in conception, deserved an epic role call. Consider it a hint of the awesomeness that awaits. ;)

As for the film itself, even if you're not selected for a lead role, the walk-on roles are virtually endless! Everyone's a victim winner in this production!
Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

This is awesome, I would scrap my current PC and apply in a minute if I could guarantee regular play times.

You made a poster ...  :o

Holy shit that's cool!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

June 12, 2013, 09:44:19 AM #7 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:45:57 AM by PriestlySiren
Ouroboros = pure cool. When he's not here, making awesome role-calls, he's over in another game that I could mention, bitch-slapping hoes. I'd apply, but it doesn't suit my next, next-next, or next-next-next.

Wow. That poster and announcement rocks so hard, it makes me really wish I wasn't loving the hell out of my current role. I especially love the quote from Rathustra and Nyr. That made me laugh until I nearly cried.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

This makes me wonder if staff would even think twice about considering my idea for a family role call.  (It's a little more non-mundane than this one)
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on June 12, 2013, 01:56:01 PMThis makes me wonder if staff would even think twice about considering my idea for a family role call.  (It's a little more non-mundane than this one)

In my experience staff is willing to accommodate a lot more than they're often given credit for, as long the concept doesn't conflict with set policies and there's enough trust earned by the player. This is usually the case in any game, not just Arm. Your millage may vary of course, but you won't know until you ask.

And everyone else, I appreciate the enthusiasm and compliments! If the past day is any indication, this production should live to see the light of day sooner than later. The level of interest has exceeded all my expectations. :)

Neat role announcement. +1
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Awesome role announcement. Though I must add (and this is in no way a criticism) that this amusingly made me think of a certain subplot in the new Arrested Development season. (And that comment was meaningful to probably only a handful of other GDBers. But the rest of you should watch.)

Anyway, good luck. I'd totally app if I wasn't happy with my current role.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: Ouroboros on June 12, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: Molten Heart on June 12, 2013, 01:56:01 PMThis makes me wonder if staff would even think twice about considering my idea for a family role call.  (It's a little more non-mundane than this one)

In my experience staff is willing to accommodate a lot more than they're often given credit for, as long the concept doesn't conflict with set policies and there's enough trust earned by the player. This is usually the case in any game, not just Arm. Your millage may vary of course, but you won't know until you ask.

And everyone else, I appreciate the enthusiasm and compliments! If the past day is any indication, this production should live to see the light of day sooner than later. The level of interest has exceeded all my expectations. :)

I hope you're right.  Your confidence and enthusiasm are inspiring.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

YET ANOTHER AWESOME LOOKING FAMILY ROLE JUST GOOOOOOOEEEEESSS BY

But that's the price I pay for loving my current PC. You're gonna fill this up.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Molten Heart on June 12, 2013, 04:14:16 PMI hope you're right.  Your confidence and enthusiasm are inspiring.

There's a point one reaches as a player, often after having served as a staff member themselves, when they realize the administration isn't out to get everyone.

...just you. ;)

Quote from: Harmless on June 12, 2013, 04:21:14 PM
YET ANOTHER AWESOME LOOKING FAMILY ROLE JUST GOOOOOOOEEEEESSS BY

But that's the price I pay for loving my current PC. You're gonna fill this up.

It's actually great to see players in love with their current characters, it's a sign of a healthy environment.

As for these roles, yes, I'm confident they'll be filled by the right folks. I must also apologize for any delayed responses to applicants... My inbox hasn't seen this much activity in years, and I'm doing my best to catch up to everyone.

Love the credits at the bottom - Special Effects - House Oash...hehehehe.

I'd bite if I wasn't already involved in role I'm really loving right now.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I wouldn't do well in this role, anyhow. I am just commenting in general. (just to be clear. I truly am happy in my role. I look forward to meeting you... MUAH HAAHHAAHAH)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Plenty of interest in the mundane role so far, but I'm hoping to get a bit more interest in the non-mundane roles still. Time to dust off your karma, folks!

Thank you to everyone who's applied so far, your interest in the production is inspiring. All I can say on my end is that I'll do my best to ensure these roles will remain memorable for a long time to come.