Change? (rattles a coffee cup in your dirrection)

Started by perfecto, June 08, 2013, 02:34:29 AM

Are you happy with the game world, do you need to fix it?

Yes! I need to fix it, it's so broken
1 (2.9%)
Its pretty good, but I have better Ideas
15 (42.9%)
Its magnificent in every single aspect
2 (5.7%)
the IMMs know what they're doing, lets back them up
17 (48.6%)
Those IMMs, Pshhaw.. who needs em.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: June 20, 2013, 02:34:29 AM

I've played this game for... Krath.. I can't even remember when I started playing.

All the while I've loved it for what it is, never asking for any changes.  (mostly not wanting any)

Maybe I'm a one of a kinder, or maybe I'm just pleased with what's given to me..  but in all seriousness..

What more can you ask for?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I constantly find things I think can use improvement, and be better made to reflect realism. However knowing HOW to get the game to that state of improvement is usually completely beyond me. I think that's where staff comes in. They decide what and where need improvement most and how to apply it, because they've got perspective.

I'm sure even the staff have many ideas of ways to improve the game but simply just don't have the time and/or resources to make the changes.  They come slowly, and certainly not as quickly as we would like them.  We tend to want things right now!
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

The other day an idea hit me, likely not in the slightest a unique idea... A mud based on the same code and perma-death concept as Armageddon, except all the fantasy yanked out, mapped over bits of the western US, set during the time of expansion. Trains, six-shooters, saloons, wagons, natives, pistol dueling, bank robbing, bandit hunting... Plenty of bits of inspiration to draw from, westerns/samurai movies, Louis L'amour novels, the Donner party, Oregon Trail (dysentery, AGGGHHHH! FECK, and I was doing SO good!), and likely all kinds of other things I can't seem to think of.

But likely a silly notion for reasons I have yet to understand. Plus it would be bad to just toss a game out there that might be competition one day.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: Fujikoma on June 08, 2013, 09:55:22 AM
The other day an idea hit me, likely not in the slightest a unique idea... A mud based on the same code and perma-death concept as Armageddon, except all the fantasy yanked out, mapped over bits of the western US, set during the time of expansion. Trains, six-shooters, saloons, wagons, natives, pistol dueling, bank robbing, bandit hunting... Plenty of bits of inspiration to draw from, westerns/samurai movies, Louis L'amour novels, the Donner party, Oregon Trail (dysentery, AGGGHHHH! FECK, and I was doing SO good!), and likely all kinds of other things I can't seem to think of.

But likely a silly notion for reasons I have yet to understand. Plus it would be bad to just toss a game out there that might be competition one day.

Um....
This actually sounds awesome.

You should go read The Sisters Brothers.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Fujikoma on June 08, 2013, 09:55:22 AM

I've got a friend who's been working on something like this for years.