Tuluk, Tuluk, where strings are plucked! (Alt: Tuluk, Tuluk, the fun's no fluke)

Started by Teal, June 04, 2013, 11:55:21 PM

Yes, that's right, there's not one, but TWO amazing Tuluki RPTs these week, so no matter how you pronounce the word, you are sure to find both rhymes and fun!

RPT #1 - It's Deeeeelicious!

This event will be on Friday, June 7th, 7pm Server time.

RPT #2 - It's Faaaaablous!

This event will be on Saturday, June 8th, 7pm Server time.

Be there, because if you're not, you're missing all the fun and might as well be vanished already anyway!  :D

Quote"A lover's spat." He said. "You know how it is. Boy meets girl, girl wants boy dead. An everyday story, really."

Quote from: Khommie on June 06, 2013, 10:57:23 PM
Server time is equivalent to GMT, right?

I can't tell if joke or not. Server time is EST...just in case not.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Khommie on June 06, 2013, 10:57:23 PM
Server time is equivalent to GMT, right?

I think it's Eastern.
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Server time is currently EDT, not EST. The reason you should use server time is because it is unambiguous. No worrying about time zones or daylight savings nonsense. Just look at the webpage. When it says 7pm, it's time to play.

If it was unambiguous, people wouldn't always be asking what Server Time is.

Server time has a very clear meaning. You look at the webpage and go by what's there. EST/EDT/Eastern are used interchangeably to mean the same thing, but they do not. That's what ambiguous means.

Handy-Dandy Time Zone Converter Chart

(For the Friday RPT -- You can adapt this to find the date for the Saturday RPT as well)

Time Zone    GMT Relation    Time Conversion
   UST (GMT)        ---            23:00
   EDT        UTC-4            7:00pm
   CDT        UTC-5            6:00pm
   MST        UTC-7            4:00pm
   PDT        UTC-7            4:00pm
   BST (ie London, England)        UTC+1            Midnight
   JST (ie Tokyo, Japan)        UTC+9            8:00am Sat June 8th
   NZST (ie Wellington, New Zealand)        UTC+12            11:00am Sat June 8th

These should all be right, but if you see an error let me know.
Quote"A lover's spat." He said. "You know how it is. Boy meets girl, girl wants boy dead. An everyday story, really."

Quote from: Teal on June 04, 2013, 11:55:21 PM
RPT #2 - It's Faaaaablous!

This event will be on Saturday, June 8th, 7pm Server time.

Be there, because if you're not, you're missing all the fun and might as well be vanished already anyway!  :D

This event starts in one hour and about fifteen minutes.

Thank you to everyone who attended these two great events! I hope you enjoyed them! :)