Description change - average time?

Started by InsertCleverNameHere, June 04, 2013, 04:11:26 AM

Because I forget. And I'm just curious. And I couldn't find it in the help files or GDB after running a few searches.

What about is the average time you've had a desc change answered? Not an urgent one (ERMAGERD AH LOST MA EYE! AN NOSE!), just general features.

I know it's not top priority. Just haven't played a while, seems we have more players these days.

And damnit, I wanna know.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

I've only ever done one, and it took less then a RL week.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

It really depends on a lot of factors.  Changing descriptions is limited to only a few staff. Most staff do not have the ability to alter characters in that way. 

So that means you have a pools of say 6 staff who can do description changes.  Those 6 staff will need to read the desc change request, they'll then need to look to see if the pc is online.  If the pc is not online we are unable to change their desc.  If they are not online then it's a matter of them remembering to look for you the next time, and so on. 

So - sometimes it might take a day or two if all the planets align just right, others I've seen wait as long as a month just because they're never on when someone who can do desc changes has that moment of time free to look for them and do it, or they're not in an appropriate place to have that change done.  By appropriate I mean that I've sometimes looked for someone and found them riding out on a RPT etc, and I don't like to interrupt those to make the change.

The best thing you as a player can do to facilitate the description change is to wish up to ask if anyone is around to do your desc change.  A simple:  "Hi, I have a desc change request in the request tool and am wondering if anyone is available to make the change. Thanks" - will work perfectly.  You can try this once every time you log in, at most every couple of hours.   Please don't spam staff with these wishes!
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

But... I LIKE making wishes to the staff.. I try to save it for my birthday though, and ask for a pony, and cookies. I'm still waiting for the pony.  ;D

Thanks Adhira, appreciate the official weigh-in, I'm not like "OH GOD WHY WILL THEY NOT DO THIS FOR ME", it's just that it's been SO long since I did it, I wondered.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted: