Compare 1.something 2.something

Started by Bushranger, May 24, 2013, 06:32:26 PM

Sometimes I want to find out which is bigger or heavier but using assess giant and assess -v  2.giant gives me pretty similar results: both are many times taller than me and many times heavier than me. Which is the tallest? Which is the fattest? Currently that's impossible for me to tell which is why I am suggesting "compare" which will assess -v 1.something from 2.something's perspective.

> compare red.giant blue.giant

The red-haired half-giant is younger than the blue-eyed half-giant.
The red-haired half-giant is slightly shorter than the blue-eyed half-giant.
The red-haired half-giant is slightly heavier than the blue-eyed half-giant.

Not only useful for comparing and determining which half-giant is fatter it will help with anything that is quite a bit or many times larger or smaller than you. Which Inix variety or Beetle variety is bigger or heavier can also be very hard to judge and can be useful to know.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on May 24, 2013, 06:32:26 PM
Sometimes I want to find out which is bigger or heavier but using assess giant and assess -v  2.giant gives me pretty similar results: both are many times taller than me and many times heavier than me. Which is the tallest? Which is the fattest? Currently that's impossible for me to tell which is why I am suggesting "compare" which will assess -v 1.something from 2.something's perspective.

> compare red.giant blue.giant

The red-haired half-giant is younger than the blue-eyed half-giant.
The red-haired half-giant is slightly shorter than the blue-eyed half-giant.
The red-haired half-giant is slightly heavier than the blue-eyed half-giant.

Not only useful for comparing and determining which half-giant is fatter it will help with anything that is quite a bit or many times larger or smaller than you. Which Inix variety or Beetle variety is bigger or heavier can also be very hard to judge and can be useful to know.

Very much like!
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1111111111111111111111111111119
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I would like this.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I dig this!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Reasonable and helpful. I'm all for it.

Yeah that would be awesome.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I like this idea too!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Agreed.

I could have put this to use yesterday, even.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

May 25, 2013, 04:34:02 AM #10 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 04:37:42 AM by Harmless
I like it! But I wonder about the ability of telling relative ages in other races. I think it should be very coarse, if implemented at all. Certainly unless you're breeding em (ew) how would you really know that one half-giant or half-elf or whatever is 1 or 2 years older than someone else? It should only compare according to the gross categories of age (young, adult, in her prime, etc) or something similar, by some math or whatever. That way it has some usefulness but you aren't suddenly able to count the wrinkles on someone's face that's twice your height and covered in armor.

Comparing size, though, that much, for certain, should work as suggested.

> compare green red.haired

The green-eyed elf is roughly the same age as the red-haired elven woman.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

This would be nice for objects too, comparing relative capacity and weight.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Molten Heart on May 25, 2013, 09:22:42 AM

+1
Fredd-

I've wished for this often.

While I like the OP's post, I equally can see not implementing this. I mean, your a 4 cord dwarf, hes a 10 cord giant, and next to him is a ten and a half cord giant. You having them sit on their asses to  pleasure them? And if so, what if it was leg length? That I think can all be gathered by interacting with the giants, and asking them, "Man, yer both so big, but i wonder, who's bigger?" Maybe even get giants argueing and such. As the system is now, if they are too much bigger then you, you just can't seem to tell.

This can already pretty much be done. Just doesn't do them at the same time.
Life sucks, then you die.

Quote from: hatchets on May 25, 2013, 04:48:36 PM
While I like the OP's post, I equally can see not implementing this. I mean, your a 4 cord dwarf, hes a 10 cord giant, and next to him is a ten and a half cord giant. You having them sit on their asses to  pleasure them? And if so, what if it was leg length? That I think can all be gathered by interacting with the giants, and asking them, "Man, yer both so big, but i wonder, who's bigger?" Maybe even get giants argueing and such. As the system is now, if they are too much bigger then you, you just can't seem to tell.

This can already pretty much be done. Just doesn't do them at the same time.

You're a 4 cord dwarf. You are given the option of a 30 cord inix or a 40 cord inix, your want the biggest one because your focus is to have the biggest of everything. You assess each inix and find out that both is many times taller and many times heavier than you.

Assess won't give you such accuracy either with half a cord either they'll show up as about the same height. The real difficulty with just using yourself and assess to judge heights is when things are either so much bigger or smaller than you that they reach the stage where 10+ cord or stone difference is impossible to determine because of the vague way it's described when really it shouldn't be. I like that assess is vague. I don't want to see accurate numbers. By the same token I don't want it to be impossible to tell the difference between a 30 and 40 cord inix so GO COMPARE!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I guess it should be for LIKE ITEMS.
Fredd-

Quote from: Refugee on May 25, 2013, 11:18:33 AM
I've wished for this often.

I've gone over this for items before.  Essentially, if you have value, you can already do this with very high accuracy (there just isn't a command to compare the two--you'd have to value/assess each item).  If you don't, rely on someone that has value.  If you don't have value you can still tell the difference between items that are small or large.  The only issue you'd have at that point would be items that are very close in weight or capacity to each other.  In those cases, rely on someone that has value, or make your best guess.

Take that for what it's worth, I guess!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.