Need help with Armageddon RPG

Started by Blackisback, May 23, 2013, 10:13:49 PM

Hi everyone. I'm currently running a Dungeon World game for my friends with Zalanthas as the setting. It's taking place in Allanak during a time of intense strife within the city walls. A rebel faction has emerged, has kidnapped a noble, and is currently holding said noble hostage somewhere in a walled off section of the city. The party has to enter the labyrinth and return the noblewoman to safety, Escape From New York style.

I'm looking for some resources that I hope you could share with me. I'm trying to find a decent map to use to represent the city. The current ascii map is a bit complex, and I was hoping for something easier to follow. Does anyone have anything they might be able to offer?

I'm afraid that any resources we could share are already on the website/docs.  I'm not sure what's so complex about the ascii map.  You can always just print it out and trace over it with a pencil, leaving off the bits you're not interested in.

As for the Labyrinth, you definitely won't find a map of that, nor would it be appropriate for any players to share their personal maps of it with you.

The 'rinth map doesn't have to be accurate to what is actually in the game for the RPG right?

I would say use something like http://www.mazegenerator.net/ and run with it!
Nothing to see here

Yeah, the mud is fairly spartan. I would just do your own thing and add flavor.  The rinth is just a maze, bisected by the only entrance - Hathors way (which only runs to the southern-most end of the maze, not all the way to the north wall).

As far as help with the game world, races, monsters, etc.... just look up Dark Sun and modify accordingly.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Blackisback on May 23, 2013, 10:13:49 PM
Hi everyone. I'm currently running a Dungeon World game for my friends with Zalanthas as the setting. It's taking place in Allanak during a time of intense strife within the city walls. A rebel faction has emerged, has kidnapped a noble, and is currently holding said noble hostage somewhere in a walled off section of the city. The party has to enter the labyrinth and return the noblewoman to safety, Escape From New York style.

I'm looking for some resources that I hope you could share with me. I'm trying to find a decent map to use to represent the city. The current ascii map is a bit complex, and I was hoping for something easier to follow. Does anyone have anything they might be able to offer?

Highly recommend just making your own map based loosely on Allanak and what you would imagine the Rinth to be. Your friends won't know the difference and it will save you a headache.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.