Palm into hand?

Started by Inks, May 12, 2013, 07:14:00 AM

Is this already possible? It doesn't say that it is a syntax or anything, but it would make perfect sense since to palm that thing out of your belt or whatever, you would have to use your hand. But it seems that I would have to equip something, causing an echo.

It is already possibly in game to palm a small weapon, like a knife, into your hand ready to strike from specialized container objects so you can do something like Han Solo where he draws his knife and backstabs that green mutant 'rinthi elf Greedo first.

You can not do this if the knife is in your inventory or if it is hanging from your belt or in a non-specialized container object. Also while the skill being used is Sleight of Hand to achieve this the syntax is not Palm/Slip.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Oh? There is nothing in the docs about it I could find. So only arm sheathes and the like? Is it a branch of Slight of Hand in that case find out IC, or is it a nonlisted syntax that only vets will know?

Also I really appreciate the speedy reply, thanks so much. Offpeaker? :)

May 12, 2013, 07:42:18 AM #4 Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:43:53 AM by Potaje
Its not a branch, Palm/ and slip being both encompassed in slight of hand and are together a hidden skill (being not on the skill tree list by name).

When using these special containers, the skill gets an automatic check. no need to type palm of slip.

I believe this is what is being told to you prior.

What you are looking for is happens with:

Drawn weapon container

Sheath weapon container

As that is the syntax
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Thank you so much. Question answered in record time. Really appreciate it.