Kruth games

Started by Fredd, May 09, 2013, 03:36:31 PM

I remember the Kruth help file used to have more then Whira's luck on it. It had a game like blackjack (25?) Any chance the other games are hidden somewhere I can't find them?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Here are the other kruth games, from the old website.

I will note that they are not in the new website in my comparison post.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I personally have posted a few on the GDB and I know others have as well.

Grebber: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,33976.0.html

Suits and Ranks (or just Suits): http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,33975.0.html

Sun Drunk http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,33959.0.html

The variation of Suits called "Dagger" has proven interesting and Sun Drunk (with our without spice) has its own special charm.

HTH.

I would love to work on something similar to spades or whist, but how do you get around the possibility of cheating by simply using the way to tell your partner what you have?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

May 10, 2013, 08:38:28 AM #4 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:05:31 AM by Harmless
Quote from: Barzalene on May 10, 2013, 08:24:37 AM
I would love to work on something similar to spades or whist, but how do you get around the possibility of cheating by simply using the way to tell your partner what you have?

Ohh flurry is right   below
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Barzalene on May 10, 2013, 08:24:37 AM

Allow it, but make it a drinking game.

(Or make each player maintain psionic contact with an opponent, but that feels like a clunkier solution.)
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Existing Kruth Games have been posted on the new site.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on May 10, 2013, 12:40:39 PM

Dude, you put my games on the site!  Now I'm going to have to send you a few local brews.  You guys still take bribes donations of beer, right?

Quote from: DustMight on May 10, 2013, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on May 10, 2013, 12:40:39 PM

Dude, you put my games on the site!  Now I'm going to have to send you a few local brews.  You guys still take bribes donations of beer, right?

Kudos to you, I thought they were very well written.  I tried to convert the others to be a similar format (except Whira's Luck).  If you feel like updating those feel free to submit a request.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Can all the cards in a deck be dealt?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You can play Uno with kruth cards really easily. Just match elements and moods instead of numbers and suits.

May 10, 2013, 04:48:22 PM #11 Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:50:13 PM by flurry
Quote from: Barzalene on May 10, 2013, 04:03:48 PM
Can all the cards in a deck be dealt?

I'm almost positive the answer is yes, and (importantly) you would still have a deck object (empty of cards, but still there).
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Quote from: Taven on May 09, 2013, 07:05:05 PM
Here are the other kruth games, from the old website.

I will note that they are not in the new website in my comparison post.

Updated again.

DustMight, those games are really neat. Thanks for creating them! Morg, wow, super fast with the updates.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Flincher on May 10, 2013, 04:19:27 PM
You can play Uno with kruth cards really easily. Just match elements and moods instead of numbers and suits.

My personal favourite kruth game.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.