Introverted player having trouble being extroverted

Started by Riev, April 29, 2013, 03:39:53 PM

Quote from: ShaLeah on April 30, 2013, 10:53:50 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on April 30, 2013, 10:44:43 AM
RPTs (non combat) are a different matter.  It's almost a matter of courtesy at this point for me to say nothing, emote nothing - I don't need to contribute to the screen spam for others when I'm not the focal point of the action.

It'd be nice if everyone was so courteous. More often than not it's an overwhelming plethora of "look at me!" and you can't follow shit. Heh.

In a crowded "room," hemote might be a better choice. Give hemotes love, people. (Hey, maybe you are, but my "watch" skill stinks?)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Being in a room with more than ten people all vying for attention is the worst thing ever, in my opinion. You can't follow anything that's going on, you can't tell when you're being drawn into play.. It's just.. pure chaos.

Quote from: Lizzie on April 30, 2013, 07:59:43 AM
My brain will pay more attention to the Way conversation, every single time. And if Mr. Fancypants is more important, my brain will STILL pay more attention to the Way conversation, and Mr. Fancypants's thing will be much more of a struggle to pay attention to, as a result.

Wow, I'm like the exact opposite, although not to an extreme.

Also I'm trying to do a thing where: well I basically just play humans, right? I will divide my attention between two or more active conversations involving myself in this order:

Templars
Arm/Legion/Kuraci leadership (if in native location)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Line of exclusive attention
Arm/Legion/Kuraci privates and recruits                       Merchant House leadership
Merchant House employees               Humans
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Line of moderate attention
Dwarves
Half-giants              Mutants of any race
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Line of faltering attention, but still attention, depending
Elves
Gickers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Who gives a fuck

Breeds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey I forgot you were in my head what's up

Being inattentive can be used to your advantage :3 Because its rarely a thing where you're in three conversations at once... isn't it?