Promote to

Started by Fredd, April 26, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

Just a thought, in passing. And I see this more affecting Merchant houses then noble houses, though I'm sure this could make it easier for them sometimes too.

Change the promote command to allow you to designate which specific, position, you are promoting to, instead of the numbered rank. You could keep the numbers if you want. But it might be easier for your new sponsorees if they could just type out the rank name they want to give.

Just a thought.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

The way I understand it, you can promote to a number which corresponds to a rank. Different clans have different ranks at different numbers. I'm sure you could code a way to type 'promote guard' and promote someone to guard in a certain clan, but there would have to be specific code for each clan.

The current system of promote # is more simple and modular.

Quote from: Wug on April 26, 2013, 10:56:52 PM
The way I understand it, you can promote to a number which corresponds to a rank. Different clans have different ranks at different numbers. I'm sure you could code a way to type 'promote guard' and promote someone to guard in a certain clan, but there would have to be specific code for each clan.

The current system of promote # is more simple and modular.

Ah..I see now. It's more ease between all clans, otherwise you would have to code it to each specific clan.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died