Question about watch and emoting

Started by jcortrig, April 15, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

When using the "watch <soandso>" command on soandso, I am seeing emotes sometimes with the following syntax:

You notice: Soandso quietly slips his hand into his pocket.

Other emotes just appear as normal.  The ones I get the "notice" syntax with seem to typically be very subtle things - unless I'm just imagining it.  So question is, is this some special kind of emote?  And if so, how do you do it?

Yep, those are 'hemotes' - hidden emotes, meant for subtle actions. There are also semotes, or silent emotes.

It is!

>help hemote

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Hemote
QuoteHemote
(Emoting)
Hidden emotes should be used to represent subtle motions that wouldn't be obvious to the room you are in. Only those who are actively watching you, or who are very observant will notice these.

Hemote supports a small language which allows you to refer more effectively to other characters. See 'help emoting' for more details on using the language.

You can also use @ to place your short description arbitrarily within the emote.

Syntax:
hemote <message>
Example(s):
hemote rubs ^me fingers lightly together
Notes:
Avoid using this command for emotes that would physically interact with objects or characters. They will not get a message if they don't notice it. Read the helpfile 'Emoting' for more information on emoting in general. It has important information about how to refer to characters and objects. To get a possessive version of this command, use 'phemote'. Use the keyword command to make sure you are targetting the right character or object. Those who see these will receive an extra prompt of 'You notice: '.
See Also:
Emoting, keyword, phemote, skill watch

You also have phemote that adds 's
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

There are also other commands and skills that show up as hidden or silent despite not being an emote.
Hide.
Sleight of hand.
Using soap.
Etc.
You'll get the hang of it :)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.