You may be able to use that...

Started by Fragmented, April 10, 2013, 11:09:42 PM

I'd love to see, when you assess an item, IF there is a recipe using a craft skill you have sufficient skill level in to see 'You may be able to use that in .....'

So let's say you have 'a bone.' You have advanced swordcrafting, and 'a bone' and 'a rough stone' might be put together to make 'a stone pommeled bone sword':

When you assess the bone, you will still have to figure out the combination of stone and bone to make the sword, but you are at least given a hint that the bone may be useful
to you, because you see 'You may be able to use that in swordcrafting.' when you assess it.

I've long wanted to create my own database of cross-linked items, so that I can select/search for an item I have, and receive all the recipes its used in, narrowed down by further filters.

It wouldn't be that hard to make, but Arm's crafting system has ACTUALLY made me go insane before.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

How much of Arm's crafting system is supposed to be "find out IC" and how much difficulty was intended in the system in the first place? I have no idea, but I agree, this kind of thing was always really hard to deal with as a non-merchant who would have difficulty finding recipes in the beginning. For merchants though, it may lead to a lot of spam that's not needed given that common craftables apply to many craft skills.

I have my own recipe book, but it's pathetically empty though, as I've memorized the basics for the craft skills I tend to have. At some point I cared a lot about this aspect of crafting. In about a year or so of regular playing, though, I stopped caring so much, and even kind of value the obscurity of the craft system because I still get pleasantly surprised from time to time and I have more to learn from other PCs.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on April 12, 2013, 09:58:23 AM
I've memorized the basics for the craft skills I tend to have. At some point I cared a lot about this aspect of crafting. In about a year or so of regular playing, though, I stopped caring so much, and even kind of value the obscurity of the craft system because I still get pleasantly surprised from time to time and I have more to learn from other PCs.

Same here, I pretty much did that.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points