Game down?

Started by Lukoyin, April 03, 2013, 10:19:43 PM

That was the quickest night I've ever seen
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Thought I was losing my mind for a moment.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Little Ginka Little Ginka Let Me In
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

suddenly just lost connection to the game and can't even get on the website, was wondering if this is just me or if more people having the problem?

Quote from: ascdren on April 20, 2013, 07:57:21 PM
suddenly just lost connection to the game and can't even get on the website, was wondering if this is just me or if more people having the problem?

I am, too. So are some people on the teamspeak.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on April 20, 2013, 07:57:54 PM

well glad to hear it's not just me, not so glad it's happened.... not the worlds best first impression but i'll let i ride (unless it keeps happening)

Quote from: ascdren on April 20, 2013, 07:59:02 PM

well glad to hear it's not just me, not so glad it's happened.... not the worlds best first impression but i'll let i ride (unless it keeps happening)

.. That's a good point, actually. This sort of thing happening is quite rare, and it's always fixed quickly, but I do wonder how many potential players are gone because of stuff like this.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I've been playing arm for a month now and I've only lost connection twice. Once there was a routing problem between me and the game that solved itself after two hours. Now this crash. It is suprisingly stable if you've ever played RPI muds before.

CAUTION: quote train coming through

Quote from: Patuk on April 20, 2013, 07:59:41 PM
Quote from: ascdren on April 20, 2013, 07:59:02 PM

.. That's a good point, actually. This sort of thing happening is quite rare, and it's always fixed quickly, but I do wonder how many potential players are gone because of stuff like this.

Yea, the reason i'm looking for a new mud (apart from wanting to get back into RPI is my old main has started crashing alot

Quote from: Flincher on April 20, 2013, 08:01:38 PM
I've been playing arm for a month now and I've only lost connection twice. Once there was a routing problem between me and the game that solved itself after two hours. Now this crash. It is suprisingly stable if you've ever played RPI muds before.

Are we talking active or other wise? what am I talking about surely this is the only 'active' RPI MUS

I meant when I use to play atonement and shadows of isildur the code base was hella unstable and crashes were a daily part of playing. In armageddon I've gotten two crashes in a month. Making it more stable.

Quote from: Flincher on April 20, 2013, 08:08:38 PM
I meant when I use to play atonement and shadows of isildur the code base was hella unstable and crashes were a daily part of playing. In armageddon I've gotten two crashes in a month. Making it more stable.

Know what you meant, even though this mud seems quite active I tend to find the less active muds to be more stable

As a long-time player, this game has become a lot more stable in the last few years. As of late, it's usual that the game gets rebooted/restarted/crashes maybe once per month, tops. Maybe twice if there's been code updates going on. Which is pretty good, I think.

Merp?
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Crashed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

So now after that lovely crash it isn't saying "you can't do that here" with the first prompt we put in, it is saying "You can't fill up anything from that".

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: bcw81 on April 26, 2013, 01:27:54 PM
So now after that lovely crash it isn't saying "you can't do that here" with the first prompt we put in, it is saying "You can't fill up anything from that".

Sorry, I'm not seeing that, can you go into more detail?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 26, 2013, 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on April 26, 2013, 01:27:54 PM

Sorry, I'm not seeing that, can you go into more detail?
Well, I assume it was the same problem as with the people having to press C twice to log in. MUSHclient autologs me in, so that seemed to bypass that issue. Since it has been a problem though, the first time I log in, the very first command I put in used to say "You cannot do that here" (even if it was something like LOOK NORTH). Now it's saying "You can't fill up anything from that."

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"