Discussion of changes to Armageddon Website

Started by Morgenes, April 01, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 05, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Is there any way we can get the concise table back on the new site that was on the old site for the 'short' meanings of the kruth cards for kruth readings?

I read tarot cards in real life. I'm sure I could devise a way of reading kruth cards for you.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on April 05, 2013, 09:05:01 PM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 05, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Is there any way we can get the concise table back on the new site that was on the old site for the 'short' meanings of the kruth cards for kruth readings?

I read tarot cards in real life. I'm sure I could devise a way of reading kruth cards for you.

Actually? I do too. I have a lot of fun in blowing the meanings off when I have pcs who 'pretend' they can read them, but it would be nice if there were still a set in stone blurb meaning for them like there was on the old kruth cards webpage.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 05, 2013, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on April 05, 2013, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: Zul on April 05, 2013, 02:15:22 PM
This may have been brought up on an earlier page, so sorry.

Small request: May we have the current staff running each respective clan/tribe listed on the page, or is there a way to look this up on the website?

Is there a particular reason you need this information?

I imagine because it was available on the old website before the database issues under the clan specific information page where it had the clan staff in charge, as well as which clans were opened and closed, and the clans available to be used as background vs the ones not okay.

That would be the reason why, yes.

I find it useful to know at a glance which staff members are currently handling a clan/tribe.
Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

Shyly, the slim, tan man waves his hand at the GDB.

Hello, just thought I'd compliment you on the new look as well, having been fortunate enough to see the old one!  ;D
Your vision goes black.

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

SIG ID: $1$9UpvKn9m$/hFJYF4D15rFEPC/fDqjs1

Okay so I've now noticed if you right click on the 'world' tab, and open it in a new tab, it directs you to a page with:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Thought the lists it then gives options of are up to date herb/animal lists, whilst if you just select a list from the dropdown menu, it navigates to out of date helpfiles.

This is from firefox btw.
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

Quote from: mangler on April 06, 2013, 02:59:20 PM
Okay so I've now noticed if you right click on the 'world' tab, and open it in a new tab, it directs you to a page with:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Works fine for me in chrome and firefox.

QuoteThought the lists it then gives options of are up to date herb/animal lists, whilst if you just select a list from the dropdown menu, it navigates to out of date helpfiles.

I'm not seeing this at all with either chrome or firefox.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 05, 2013, 09:08:09 PM
Actually? I do too. I have a lot of fun in blowing the meanings off when I have pcs who 'pretend' they can read them, but it would be nice if there were still a set in stone blurb meaning for them like there was on the old kruth cards webpage.
Is this what you're suggesting?  It doesn't have the chart from the old website but the rest of it is there.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

No, I'm suggesting bringing back the chart with the blurbs for each card, like is on the old site but not the new one. I think it would be nice to have a more codified meaning for the people who want to have a more solid idea of what the cards mean for various reasons due to IC backgrounds or for various roleplaying purposes. Yes, that's the page I'm referring to, but I'm suggesting that the chart be brought over. I know the rest of it is there, but it's not as helpful/concise as the chart is for coming to a sort of 'Ah, the tower, yeah, get ready to fail if you keep pushing in that direction' (tarot reference) sort of meaning that anyone with the appropriate background ought to be familiar with.
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Hmm.. seems the right click thing has been fixed, the old address it navigated to was http://www.armageddon.org/world/bestiary.shtml though this now this now yields 404.

If you just look at the list under animal life, and compare it to the one found at http://old.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html you can see that the list on the new website is out of date, for example it doesn't have an entry for Ankheg.
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

I don't think we can do tables in helpfiles.  We can probably provide that information, it just may not work as a chart.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

I encountered this one:

'Emoting' not found, searching...
Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Search term 'Emoting' not found in any help topic.

Firefox 19.0.2, if you were wondering.

Quote from: mangler on April 07, 2013, 10:05:57 AM
If you just look at the list under animal life, and compare it to the one found at http://old.armageddon.org/general/beasts.html you can see that the list on the new website is out of date, for example it doesn't have an entry for Ankheg.

Ah--you confused me when you said it was out of date.  Yes, not everything got moved over because of that database issue we had.

Quote from: Kismetic on April 07, 2013, 10:10:55 AM
I encountered this one:

'Emoting' not found, searching...
Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Search term 'Emoting' not found in any help topic.

Firefox 19.0.2, if you were wondering.

Having some problems with mySQL this morning.

Gotcha.  No biggie, doing my due diligence.

Btw the way, it just came back up.  Really digging this format, over all.

Ah okay. Was just peculiar as when I right clicked and opened the world tab in a new tab yesterday, the links provided then did include all the information, was a slightly different looking page with some background art, not the one from the old website.  ???

Quote from: mangler on April 07, 2013, 10:17:52 AM
Ah okay. Was just peculiar as when I right clicked and opened the world tab in a new tab yesterday, the links provided then did include all the information, was a slightly different looking page with some background art, not the one from the old website.  ???

You were seeing an older in-between version of the site that was never finished.  I've cleared it out (hence the 404's).  Sorry about that.

We're going to be working through content differences between the sites and update things.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

You guys take your time and do what you do, we the players enjoy the hell out of every new little thing you give us. Hence, crackageddon.  :)
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on April 07, 2013, 09:56:33 AM
No, I'm suggesting bringing back the chart with the blurbs for each card, like is on the old site but not the new one. I think it would be nice to have a more codified meaning for the people who want to have a more solid idea of what the cards mean for various reasons due to IC backgrounds or for various roleplaying purposes. Yes, that's the page I'm referring to, but I'm suggesting that the chart be brought over. I know the rest of it is there, but it's not as helpful/concise as the chart is for coming to a sort of 'Ah, the tower, yeah, get ready to fail if you keep pushing in that direction' (tarot reference) sort of meaning that anyone with the appropriate background ought to be familiar with.

It's not in the same format, but I've got this information back in under 'Kruth Philosophy'
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

There's a few pieces out of place (they were out of place on the original chart too, and it always drove me nuts but I never got around to submitting the fix).

Basically, things that were meant to be in one category to the left/right were tagged onto the beginning/end of the adjacent category.

Here's the fixed list.

Life/Wind   Sudden change. Something new. Momentous moment.
Life/Sun   Destruction leads to rebirth. Fire brings form. To win.
Life/Stone  Prevail/Conjurer. Enemy to friend. Nothing to something.
Life/Water    Found/The Birth. New job. Good endeavor. Good omen. Pregnancy.
Truth/Wind   Beliefs will be revealed true. Trustworthiness. Cleansing.
Truth/Sun   The feared is true. Fire brings purification.
Truth/Stone The Arrow. Follow the facts. Facts point to truth. Direct path.
Truth/Water   Forgiveness. Second Chance. Healing. Knowledge is vital.
Fate/Wind   Whim of Fate. Small actions amplified.
Fate/Sun   Trial/Enemy. Unavoidable enemy or struggle. Inner struggle.
Fate/Stone   Calm/The Balance. Uneventful. Non-action. To wait, also compensation
Fate/Water   Profits. Sudden Gain. Health, or good fortune.
Kings/Wind   Shifting of power. The upper hand. Political change.
Kings/Sun   The Harsh. Unfairness. Harsh judgment. Iron rule.
Kings/Stone   Means/Law. Justice. The law. The good of society.
Kings/Water   Righteousness/Ends. Vindication for good intentions. Good of the many
Deceit/Wind   Things that change still remain the same. Tradition.
Deceit/Sun   Betrayer. Treachery. Cheating. Lying. Conning. Also smooth talker.
Deceit/Stone Escape from pursuit or bonds, or offenders getting away.
Deceit/Water The Thief. something stolen. Bad judgment. Bad investment.
Death/Wind   Perpetual change. Loss of love. Flame burned out.
Death/Sun   The Scar. Permanent injury. Eternal effects. Lost mind.
Death/Stone   Slavery. death. Stopping, rest, retire, settle down.
Death/Water   Poison. Lost friend or family. Missing cherished object.

Updated with suggested changes.

Quote from: Delirium on April 08, 2013, 09:59:51 AM
There's a few pieces out of place (they were out of place on the original chart too, and it always drove me nuts but I never got around to submitting the fix).

Basically, things that were meant to be in one category to the left/right were tagged onto the beginning/end of the adjacent category.

Here's the fixed list.

Life/Wind   Sudden change. Something new. Momentous moment.
Life/Sun   Destruction leads to rebirth. Fire brings form. To win.
Life/Stone  Prevail/Conjurer. Enemy to friend. Nothing to something.
Life/Water    Found/The Birth. New job. Good endeavor. Good omen. Pregnancy.
Truth/Wind   Beliefs will be revealed true. Trustworthiness. Cleansing.
Truth/Sun   The feared is true. Fire brings purification.
Truth/Stone The Arrow. Follow the facts. Facts point to truth. Direct path.
Truth/Water   Forgiveness. Second Chance. Healing. Knowledge is vital.
Fate/Wind   Whim of Fate. Small actions amplified.
Fate/Sun   Trial/Enemy. Unavoidable enemy or struggle. Inner struggle.
Fate/Stone   Calm/The Balance. Uneventful. Non-action. To wait, also compensation
Fate/Water   Profits. Sudden Gain. Health, or good fortune.
Kings/Wind   Shifting of power. The upper hand. Political change.
Kings/Sun   The Harsh. Unfairness. Harsh judgment. Iron rule.
Kings/Stone   Means/Law. Justice. The law. The good of society.
Kings/Water   Righteousness/Ends. Vindication for good intentions. Good of the many
Deceit/Wind   Things that change still remain the same. Tradition.
Deceit/Sun   Betrayer. Treachery. Cheating. Lying. Conning. Also smooth talker.
Deceit/Stone Escape from pursuit or bonds, or offenders getting away.
Deceit/Water The Thief. something stolen. Bad judgment. Bad investment.
Death/Wind   Perpetual change. Loss of love. Flame burned out.
Death/Sun   The Scar. Permanent injury. Eternal effects. Lost mind.
Death/Stone   Slavery. death. Stopping, rest, retire, settle down.
Death/Water   Poison. Lost friend or family. Missing cherished object.

Very very nice. Next time I play a tribal... This.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I'm going to devise my own system anyway. I've looked through the cards' imagings, they got potential.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Thank you so much for fixing the kruth page!

SOOOOOO MUUUUUUUCH!

I've always -adored- playing with kruth cards as a rough fortune-telling tool, as a tarot reader IRL. It means a lot to me to see the information back and better than ever. :)

Quote from: Patuk on April 08, 2013, 10:55:34 AM
I'm going to devise my own system anyway. I've looked through the cards' imagings, they got potential.

I have a concept for this with my own made up kruth version. Nooooooooooow... Ender's char once read my char's cards, he was AMAZINGLY accurate sooooooooooooo... rock on Kruth readers, rock on.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.