Discussion of changes to Armageddon Website

Started by Morgenes, April 01, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

I was looking for the Seasonings page and couldn't find it on the new website. Had to pull up a cached copy from google.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Loving the new logo. Bravo whomever made that  8)
Amor Fati

Quote from: Anael on April 03, 2013, 02:24:11 PM
I was looking for the Seasonings page and couldn't find it on the new website. Had to pull up a cached copy from google.

I'm working on getting helps in for seasonings.  There are likely going to be more of these we missed, feel free to report them here as you miss them and we will push them over.

Quote from: Fnord on April 03, 2013, 06:10:51 PM
Loving the new logo. Bravo whomever made that  8)

Kudos go to Denny Unger, of World Works Games
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'd like to see the original submissions in their own categories:

Art
Stories
Music
Logs

I love that you can click on the submitter and see all their stuff at once.

Have I mentioned loving the new site?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on April 04, 2013, 03:54:37 PM

Art
Stories
Music
Logs

Type 'Art', 'Story', 'Music', 'Log' into the search.

I'm going to swing back around and make that more clear, but for now that gets you going.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 04, 2013, 04:36:24 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on April 04, 2013, 03:54:37 PM

Art
Stories
Music
Logs

Type 'Art', 'Story', 'Music', 'Log' into the search.

I'm going to swing back around and make that more clear, but for now that gets you going.

Tried that, doesn't bring submissions up, it brings helpfiles up!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

You have to search while you're in the original submissions section, there's a search bar on the right.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
I'm working on getting helps in for seasonings.  There are likely going to be more of these we missed, feel free to report them here as you miss them and we will push them over.

The "illnesses" section.  I used to use that all the time.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 05, 2013, 07:59:48 AM
Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

The "illnesses" section.  I used to use that all the time.
Look under diseases.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

For whatever reason, whenever I move my cursor onto the website, seems like everything vanishes, and I'm left with a background only.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Quote from: BuNutzCola on April 05, 2013, 09:24:40 AM
For whatever reason, whenever I move my cursor onto the website, seems like everything vanishes, and I'm left with a background only.
Same thing happens to me when I use internet explorer. Problem goes away with chrome.

So ummm ...ya, sorry it appears IE really doesn't like our front page.  It seems to be better on other pages, but still far from perfect.  My apologies.  If you are still using IE, I would strongly recommend you NOT.  You should try Firefox, or even better, Chrome.  Even Safari or Opera would be better than IE.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I've got the page behaving better in IE, at the cost of the Facebook/Google+ links at the bottom of the page.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Looking at the HTML of a web page and imagining it in your head is better than IE

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 05, 2013, 11:20:41 AM
Looking at the HTML of a web page and imagining it in your head is better than IE

+1/Like/up vote/whatever.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

April 05, 2013, 11:29:47 AM #165 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:33:06 AM by Booya
Server time looks a little bit just stuck in there, and easily missable.  Any chance it could it be made bigger or more tied in with the page?

PS: Cool new look! Thanks to everyone that worked on it.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 05, 2013, 11:24:43 AM

+1/Like/up vote/whatever.

Tell this to the IT people that lock down all the computers at work for staff and public. IE only is pretty standard around these parts.    >:(
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I gave up on my web design career ONLY because of IE.

There are entire books written about 'tricks and cheats' that you need to insert in your html/css codes just to make your web page look the way it's supposed to on IE.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

This may have been brought up on an earlier page, so sorry.

Small request: May we have the current staff running each respective clan/tribe listed on the page, or is there a way to look this up on the website?
Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

Story. Of. Life. Sigh.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Zul on April 05, 2013, 02:15:22 PM

Small request: May we have the current staff running each respective clan/tribe listed on the page, or is there a way to look this up on the website?

Is there a particular reason you need this information?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 05, 2013, 02:47:50 PM
Quote from: Zul on April 05, 2013, 02:15:22 PM

Is there a particular reason you need this information?

I imagine because it was available on the old website before the database issues under the clan specific information page where it had the clan staff in charge, as well as which clans were opened and closed, and the clans available to be used as background vs the ones not okay.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Yeah, it's kind of nice to know.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Love the new webpage. I only had one fault with it, every time I scrolled down the page would flicker and dissapear, and I couldn't get to anything lower, but seems fixed now. Well done to everyone involved.
Death is only the beginning...

Is there any way we can get the concise table back on the new site that was on the old site for the 'short' meanings of the kruth cards for kruth readings?
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.