Voting for the Month of April! Voting reset at midnight Eastern!

Started by Nyr, March 31, 2013, 03:56:32 PM

Alright, listen up, you Armageddonites!

Voting for the month of March has been great.  You guys have helped represent this game quite well to the rest of the world that looks for MUDs.  Here's what you did.  Mathematical approach to voting:  commence!

TMS for March
2037 votes over almost 31 days, resulting in almost 900 click-throughs solely because of our #2 position.  We've maintained (lately) about a 120 to 140 vote lead over #3.  This is not really that safe of a buffer, and I'll show you why.

2037 votes / 30.65 days = about 66 votes per day (or 33 people voting twice per day)

# 3 has 1885 votes over almost 31 days.

1885 / 30.65 days = about 61 votes per day (or about 30 people voting twice per day)

We're only that far ahead.  #2 is our position, and we can keep it provided we maintain that commanding lead we took last month over the first few days of voting (we were beating a game that has 400+ players logged in at pretty much any given off-peak time until they realized we were beating them).  We aren't competing for #1 on TMS (we'd need double the votes to challenge).  We're competing for #2, and it matters a great deal to getting new players.

See this thread for the broken down statistics.  From that page (updated slightly to include new players/stuff since then):

QuoteMarch 1 - March 31 (3:43 PM Server Time)
235 new accounts, an increase of 91.1% over the last month
71 players found us from TMS, an increase of 373.3% over the last month
38 players found us from TMC, an increase of 22.6% over the last month
2037 votes over 30.65 days on TMS, average of (approximately) 66 votes per day, with more at the outset to maintain a lead
(discounting the 3 extra days we get this month, that'd still put us at a 46.9% increase in voting over the last month)
898 clickthroughs on TMS, a traffic increase of 142.7% over the last month

TMC for March

This is where things get a little more interesting.  So far we are at 895 votes for the month of March.  #1 is not 895 votes away--it is a bit more than 100 votes away.  Are we in range to challenge that?

#2 (Us):  895 votes / 30.65 days = 29 votes per day.
#1:  1008 votes / 30.65 days = almost 33 votes per day.

We need five more people to get TMC accounts that do NOT already have one, and then those five people need to vote every day.  We can beat #1's numbers assuming next month is similar with just five more people.  Why is this important?  Well, it'd double our homepage clicks (assuming that is the same next month) simply by having the #1 position, and usually that correlates to higher voting.

Let's do this!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

So we need five more people that don't have TMC accounts to post here that they're going to do that this month--or five people that already have TMC accounts to consistently vote this month.  What's it gonna be?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

I'm locked out again and tired of e-mailing their admin to release the IP-range block. It'll unstick itself again eventually. I can still access their website, and I can even type in the URL on my browser and log in normally. But clicking the link from arm.org or zalanthas.org returns an access restricted message.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Voting reset! Go, go, go!

i went
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I'll make a TMC account but I'll probably forget to vote every once in a while.

I voted for the Sandlord, just another vote for Tek, I know

In second with 17 to third place's 3, and voting's only been reset for 43 minutes. Nice. Keep owning, bitches!

Beat the Drums!

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom* *Boom*
*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

The one-eyed bosun calls out in victory-accented sirihish,
    "Vote, ye bastards!"
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Kismetic on April 01, 2013, 12:40:15 AM
I voted for the Sandlord, just another vote for Tek, I know

Ha!

We're still plowing ahead.  Yar, vote!

Quote from: Nyr on March 31, 2013, 03:57:28 PM
So we need five more people that don't have TMC accounts to post here that they're going to do that this month--or five people that already have TMC accounts to consistently vote this month.  What's it gonna be?

I just did this yesterday. Made an account.

And so you know I HATE making accounts.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

That sentiment is shared by many (including me), but consider the fact that very sentiment is why a certain powerhouse of a MUD (as far as voting is concerned--listed as #1 consistently on TMS) is not #1 on TMC.

If we can get enough of our players behind Armageddon on TMC votes, we will not only maintain #2 on TMC, we will take #1 and keep it.

Quote from: Nyr on April 01, 2013, 11:19:45 AM
That sentiment is shared by many (including me), but consider the fact that very sentiment is why a certain powerhouse of a MUD (as far as voting is concerned--listed as #1 consistently on TMS) is not #1 on TMC.

If we can get enough of our players behind Armageddon on TMC votes, we will not only maintain #2 on TMC, we will take #1 and keep it.

yeah, I noticed how much the #2 spots have helped recently. so my love of Arm overcame my hate for registering for things.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

40 players online at noon.

Yep, this voting is working alright.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on April 01, 2013, 02:14:11 PM
40 players online at noon.

Yep, this voting is working alright.

Soon no one's apartments will be broken into because all of the burglars will be scared of all the people online!

Made a TMC account and voted today.. Here's to the start of a new daily at-work habit!

I have a TMC account.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

30 votes from #1 on one of them!

I think I have a TMC account, if not, I'll make one. Go Armageddon! *raises fist*

Note that out of nowhere Achea has made a big come back, need to keep voting to keep them down!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff