Drinking/Spice

Started by Rogerthat, March 31, 2013, 09:49:13 AM

As time goes on and you continue to drink and smoke spice does your body become used to it - meaning, you will be able to drink/smoke more spice without dieing and getting as intoxicated or as high without drinking more or smoking more?
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

There is some code behind extended alcohol and spice use ... but to get a better feel for the specifics of it you should play a drunk IG. It's fun!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Cool deal, ill try it eventually then.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Bear in mind that there are coded drawbacks to these lifestyles in their extremes.  That said, enjoy!

Did you guys not see the new rules? No drugs in a PG game environment. Spice is done. Booze will be next I imagine. The the Sun Runners can make root beer or something. Kurac can deal in...nutmeg or something. No wait..that can be used as a drug as well.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

House Kurac will still be dealing in spice...just the kind you need for your meatloaf.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

We'll have a broad selection of artisan teas to choose from in the taverns.

Tuluk's ahead of the curve.

Red storm will become "Carny town" The place where misfits go to become circus performers. And you will no longer sift for spice...you will sift for lost watches and rings...which you will then give back to the owners.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Norcal on April 01, 2013, 12:13:56 PM
Did you guys not see the new rules? No drugs in a PG game environment. Spice is done. Booze will be next I imagine. The the Sun Runners can make root beer or something. Kurac can deal in...nutmeg or something. No wait..that can be used as a drug as well.

I hope someone sets up a speakeasy.

Quote from: Norcal on April 01, 2013, 12:13:56 PM
Did you guys not see the new rules? No drugs in a PG game environment. Spice is done. Booze will be next I imagine.

Then that should also mean all tablets need to be removed from the game too, right?  Time to stock up on bloodburn.

House Kurac has invaded I can has cheezburger?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

It would be kinda cool if there was a physical change that happened as a result of spice addiction.  Like the blue eyes in Dune, or the super white teeth of denner resin addicts from the Kingkiller books.

BUT YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE KIND OF HARD TO CODE
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on April 19, 2013, 01:37:49 PM
It would be kinda cool if there was a physical change that happened as a result of spice addiction.  Like the blue eyes in Dune, or the super white teeth of denner resin addicts from the Kingkiller books.

I agree. There are ways you can tell if someone has been spicing though (not sure if you know or not)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Just give them a permanent smell tag.  :P

Quote from: Bushranger on April 19, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: LauraMars on April 19, 2013, 01:37:49 PM

I agree. There are ways you can tell if someone has been spicing though (not sure if you know or not)

It isn't the same as CREEPY BLUE EYES or CREEPY SUPER WHITE TEETH or CREEPY <other visible and unnatural physical attribute>
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

But everyone already has baby blue eyes and super white teeth?

Make them tremble or twitch every so often.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

If someone wants to roleplay a heavily addicted spice addict with side-affects, we have the ability to add tdesc and, as far as the tremble/twitchy behavior - We have the ability to emote/hemote.

=)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."