Repeating lines in logs?

Started by solera, March 31, 2013, 03:00:43 AM

This is slowly driving me crazy.
Many of my ouput lines do a double up in the logs  Not all- looks and thinks don't.

prompt>em tugs  a strip  of leather tight around ~dagger, fumbling as #me secures the end.
Amos  tugs  a strip  of leather tight around your simple dark wood dagger, fumbling as you secures the end. dark wood dagger, fumbling as you secures the end.

It's been for a few months since it started doing this and it's getting beyond a joke when I have to edit logs.
I use G mud.
Any ideas?

Not sure about Gmud, but MUSHclient has an option in the logging area to "Log Commands" which, if you uncheck, will not log what you're talking about.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I don't know that I've ever seen my GMud logs do that.

I really don't know how to answer your question, other than to say "Works on my end."
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: solera on March 31, 2013, 03:00:43 AM
This is slowly driving me crazy.
Many of my ouput lines do a double up in the logs  Not all- looks and thinks don't.

prompt>em tugs  a strip  of leather tight around ~dagger, fumbling as #me secures the end.
Amos  tugs  a strip  of leather tight around your simple dark wood dagger, fumbling as you secures the end. dark wood dagger, fumbling as you secures the end.

It's been for a few months since it started doing this and it's getting beyond a joke when I have to edit logs.
I use G mud.
Any ideas?

A guess (I use mushclient but I used to use zmud):

The tilde is being used by your game client to return everything on the line following its entry into the game buffer.

So when you use it, the -game- returns the item, and then your client returns everything from that point on, resulting in the repeat.

You'll want to check into your "special keys" section of your gmud client menu to see if the tilde is in use. If it is, change that so it's no longer in use.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Well, G-Mud, I'm about to park you under the pines in the back paddock. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but the more I drive you, the worse that rattle sounds. And having tried all suggestions, I'm no closer to finding it.
How long have I had you? Almost a decade. Do you remember that first time I met my Beloved in your back seat? And how I didn't hop in you for almost two years? And the little fun thing I had going, when I felt so sore inside after the latest hurt, that I had to stop seeing Her for a while?
And then a double shock when that bit on the side DIED?
And of course how good it feels to be with Her again, driving to who knows where.
But you, my old jalopy. It might be the end, now I've got this shiny almost new MUSH client sitting in your garage. Just as soon as I have time to read up on how to drive the thing.  Which, I suspect, won't take nearly as much time as it's going to take to edit all those logs.
Love you, soon to leave you.
Thanks for the sweet, sweet memories.

Dump GMUD for Mushclient. I finally did 2 years ago and the transition was seamless.

Quote from: solera on April 04, 2013, 04:27:54 AM
Well, G-Mud, I'm about to park you under the pines in the back paddock. I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but the more I drive you, the worse that rattle sounds. And having tried all suggestions, I'm no closer to finding it.
How long have I had you? Almost a decade. Do you remember that first time I met my Beloved in your back seat? And how I didn't hop in you for almost two years? And the little fun thing I had going, when I felt so sore inside after the latest hurt, that I had to stop seeing Her for a while?
And then a double shock when that bit on the side DIED?
And of course how good it feels to be with Her again, driving to who knows where.
But you, my old jalopy. It might be the end, now I've got this shiny almost new MUSH client sitting in your garage. Just as soon as I have time to read up on how to drive the thing.  Which, I suspect, won't take nearly as much time as it's going to take to edit all those logs.
Love you, soon to leave you.
Thanks for the sweet, sweet memories.

I used gmud for like 6 months. When I found mushclient, that stopped like a bad habit.

I do not miss it in the least.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

For Gmud: Options >> Local Echo

That will get rid of the double line for you.

Or use Mushclient, it's much better. Personally, I prefer the simplicity of Gmud.

Quote from: Rhyden on April 04, 2013, 11:33:19 AM
For Gmud: Options >> Local Echo

That will get rid of the double line for you.

Or use Mushclient, it's much better. Personally, I prefer the simplicity of Gmud.

Yes ,I've tried unticking the echo, and have not found any other settings I use, except word wrap. 
It repeats part of the line for everything, except perception commands and thinks, whether I emote or not.
Yes, I liked the simplicity...I only use the log and the macros.
But Mush is installed and connected. I just have to read the instructions to go.
:)