Thirst and hunger indicators

Started by Morrolan, March 27, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

I'd love it if we got a message when we first dip into the "hunger" and "thirst" ranges where we can eat and drink.

So, you eat until you're full, and then when your not full, you get a message "You could eat."

Or, it could be added as a hunger and thirst status in "score." I just hate having to try to eat to know if my character's a little peckish.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I don't think we need echoes above a little hungry, but definitely an indicator in score (and possibly prompt) would be great!

stuffed
full
satisfied
peckish
[no echoes above this point]
a little hungry
hungry
very hungry
famished
starving

Went with Moe's suggestion, in next reboot.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Might we also be able to add this to the prompt code as well, Morg?

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Morgenes on March 27, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

Thanks, Morgenes! (and Moe!)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: bcw81 on March 27, 2013, 05:34:52 PM
Might we also be able to add this to the prompt code as well, Morg?

Seriously?! Never satisfied!
Quote from: Morrolan on March 27, 2013, 06:09:45 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on March 27, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

Thanks, Morgenes! (and Moe!)

Ditto :)
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Woah. Morg's on fire today!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: armageddon.orgArmageddon last booted 21 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes and 48 seconds ago.

I just bugged my thirst status in the score information. It's not there. Anyone else having that problem?
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Quote from: Cowboy on March 29, 2013, 05:32:36 PM
I just bugged my thirst status in the score information. It's not there. Anyone else having that problem?

I don't know if what I saw was hunger or thirst. All it said was:

>You are satisfied.

This line -replaced- the hunger/thirst indicator. So I think it's pretty important for that line to mention what it's regards to, OR return the generic hunger/thirst message, which was specific (but not detailed).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Yeah, I got: "You are satisfied and " with nothing following.

Kinda busy today. Know that if you don't get a message about thirst you aren't thirsty.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

You are satisfied and
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Satisfied or satiated?

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Satisfied. See Moe's post.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on March 27, 2013, 04:04:09 PM
I don't think we need echoes above a little hungry, but definitely an indicator in score (and possibly prompt) would be great!

stuffed
full
satisfied
peckish
[no echoes above this point]
a little hungry
hungry
very hungry
famished
starving
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Satiated might be more appropriate? I don't know about anyone else but 'satisfied' is making me giggle...  ;D

Satiated would make me giggle more than satisfied... ;)

This is buggy, it goes "You are peckish and"  then instead of showing a thirst message, it's blank.  I owuld've bugged it, but I forgot how. :T

Quote from: Kismetic on March 30, 2013, 12:00:26 AM
This is buggy, it goes "You are peckish and"  then instead of showing a thirst message, it's blank.  I owuld've bugged it, but I forgot how. :T

Please read up, we know, however we have bigger issues to deal with tonight.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

March 30, 2013, 12:09:47 AM #20 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:11:47 AM by Kismetic
Oh yeah, no biggie, I was just putting it out there.  Oh weird, I didn't notice those posts before, thanks!