Family Role available for the best around! (HINT: That's you!)

Started by Bushranger, February 22, 2013, 06:50:35 PM

Everyone likes a family holiday on the beach and this is your opportunity!

The tiny figure in a pink, veiled hat sifts through a patch of silty sand here.

Theme music for this thread. Listen to it!

Alright now that you've suitable mood music in the background thanks to youtube I would like to announce that there are 2 family roles available in Red Storm village! Yes that's right for a limited time only you can be Bushranger's sibling. These are humans who grew up in the seaside village as the older brother and younger sister of Bushranger who is the son in the middle. There is a generic family background written that includes parent names and how the household was organised during their childhood but everything else will be left up for you to decide how your character reacted to these parental instructions and what they have become. The oldest brother might be a total butthole who sells used erdlu on behalf of a dwarf tribe, he might be secretly hoping that he was a woman and has taken up the study of sorcery to achieve these dreams or maybe he is just a regular guy who wants to join the Byn and have a few mercenary adventures. Nobody knows... yet!

Roles:

• Brother >25 - Currently being applied for
  • Sister <25 - Currently being applied for

Red Storm children benefit from the readily available spice!

PM for the family background documentation and we'll start getting things organized!

For those interested my timezone is GMT+9.30 (Adelaide, Australia) but I tend to play randomly at any time during the day and night.

Thanks for approving this Family Role Call Rathustra: No Take Backs!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Oh man I want to play this so bad even if you're Australian.

Bushranger is super, guys and gals of the GDB.

He played one of my favourite minions like six years ago! I still have happy memories! When that braxat killed him and we had to haul his broken body back into the funmobile it was a truly sad day for the clan.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

This is also the best ad of this kind ever. I want want to sift for spice in a pink hat!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Damn it, I have something that's perfect for this, too.

Although its probably a good thing, I think Bushranger's character would end up trying to kill me.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Woo! You say the nicest things. I've had someone express interest in the older brother and I'll keep the first post updated if either of the positions are taken. In the spirit of my first post here is some music that might fit with a younger sister's concept.

Cheers!

Don't trust the tiny figure in a pink, veiled hat.  She is obviously a magicker of some kind.  Check out that sand wagon behind her!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Twilight on February 25, 2013, 04:06:28 PM
Don't trust the tiny figure in a pink, veiled hat.  She is obviously a magicker of some kind.  Check out that sand wagon behind her!

also, she's female, young, and pretty. Dead giveaway.

Quote from: Bushranger on February 24, 2013, 08:04:14 PM

Woo! You say the nicest things. I've had someone express interest in the older brother and I'll keep the first post updated if either of the positions are taken. In the spirit of my first post here is some music that might fit with a younger sister's concept.

Cheers!
* ShaLeah is colored intrigued.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

(More than vague reference)

Uh. I think you may want to edit that post.. Can't be too certain.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on February 25, 2013, 07:14:55 PM

I can't tell if this was intended to be joking, but if not, I think Twilight was referring to the picture in thread author's post. Of an RL little girl on the beach with a pink hat...
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Wow was that an accidental vague reference? Glad I was here to witness that.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but.. Wow.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

this is a fun-lovin' family role postin'. I hope you fill your spots!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Bushranger, this is the best post for family roles I've read -  ;D  Wish I could "beach out" with you 'n' yours.  Hope you have a great time with it!
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote from: Patuk on February 25, 2013, 09:23:44 PM
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but.. Wow.

That was the most confusing thread of misunderstanding I ever read today.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: James de Monet on February 25, 2013, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: Patuk on February 25, 2013, 07:14:55 PM

I can't tell if this was intended to be joking, but if not, I think Twilight was referring to the picture in thread author's post. Of an RL little girl on the beach with a pink hat...

It's okay.  I fixed Twilight's reference to make it both more relevant and less interpretable as something needing editing.  It's too funny of a joke to let slide.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Not related to the post, Just good music.

I've received some interest in the role of the older brother and have been told that one person has submitted an application for approval so I've updated the original post to indicate this. The role of the younger sister is still available though!

I want to say thank-you to everyone for the awesome acceptance of this announcement.

[EDIT]

Woo! Thanks everybody for helping to make this a success. I've been informed that both roles have been applied for which means, I think, that both family roles have been filled (pending staff approval ofcourse but I have faith both will be excellent).