Knowing You've Hemoted

Started by Suhuy, December 19, 2012, 03:48:30 AM

Quote from: Morrolan on December 21, 2012, 04:38:25 AM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on December 20, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
I like the parentheses for the hemoter and the viewer still receiving the 'You notice:'

I like this. As for semote, I probably do not use it as often as I should.

Always assume there is an unconscious but invisible magicker in the room.

This is in.  If you hemote it will be surrounded in ().  If you silent emote it'll be prepended with *.  If you hate it, type 'brief emote' and ignore this.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on January 04, 2013, 02:24:08 PM
This is in.  If you hemote it will be surrounded in ().  If you silent emote it'll be prepended with *.  If you hate it, type 'brief emote' and ignore this.

<3

This is great, thanks!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Thanks!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Oh my gosh.  Every time I think I might be getting too old to call myself a Morg. fan-girl, he goes and does something like this.  <3  Frickin' awesome-sauce.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote from: Suhuy on December 19, 2012, 03:48:30 AM
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but...

And great idea from the OP!  Way to go. =)
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I love it already. Great addition.

I thought I broke something until I came here and saw this! xD
Soooo cool!
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if it's intended - so I'm not bugging it in game. Also, when I ask via "wish" if something is a bug or not, I usually get told not to do that. When I ask about things like this via the request tool, I'm told to bug it in game. Can't win for losing, so I figured I'll give it a shot here on the GDB instead:

Is the use of soap intended to be treated as an semote, with the * in front of the result? Or is it an unintentional result of the new change? Or is it something entirely else? Here's the edited log (edited so's ya don't know who I'm playing, doh)

You get your piece of [commonly sold/craftable] soap from your [container].
It is very light.

> * The Lizzie-Character scrubs at [an item of clothing she's wearing], cleaning it.

Note the asterisk. It wasn't there last week when I did the same thing with the same soap on the same article of clothing.

Makes sense to be a semote. If you're blind you don't know if someone's scrubbing their clothes. And similar situations...

Quote from: Lizzie on January 05, 2013, 05:37:22 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, or if it's intended - so I'm not bugging it in game. Also, when I ask via "wish" if something is a bug or not, I usually get told not to do that. When I ask about things like this via the request tool, I'm told to bug it in game.

Helpful tips for Lizzie:

Quote from: help wishDo not wish things  such as, 'Is anyone around?' or 'Is Kelvik on?' or 'Is my clan staff around?'
or 'I have a bug.' If you have a bug, then use the bug command to say what it
is, don't just wish that you have found a bug.

Quote from: help bugBug                                                                (Gameplay)

This command allows mortals to inform the implementors of a glitch in
the programming code. If you stumble across something that simply does not
seem right, and it is apparently the result of a flawed special program or
is a general part of the world itself, bug it.
  If the bug is regarding
something that is critical (e.g., you believe it is critically affecting
the game, your PC, or is causing a crash) please put in a Critical Game
Bug request in the Request tool to ensure that it is reviewed as soon as
possible.

So just skip your first step and let us be the ones to figure out if something is a bug or not. 

For what it's worth, you can test it yourself to determine whether it is a bug.

Type brief emote.
Do it again.
Did the same thing happen?  No?  Then it is an semote.  Cool, huh?
If the same thing happened again, there may be a bug.  Bug it.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Just to add, we have a nifty tool that lets us search through and resolve ideas/bugs/typos on the fly, so don't think your bugs and ideas are going nowhere. I check through it about once a week to see if I can get a chunk done that are at my level of kung fu to handle.
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

It never would've occurred to me to use "brief" since I don't use it for anything else you can use it for either.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote from: Eurynomos on January 05, 2013, 08:20:29 PM
Just to add, we have a nifty tool that lets us search through and resolve ideas/bugs/typos on the fly, so don't think your bugs and ideas are going nowhere. I check through it about once a week to see if I can get a chunk done that are at my level of kung fu to handle.

This is excellent news, thanks Eurynomos! I use the idea/bug/typo tool a LOT, always wondered about that.

Quote from: Delirium on January 05, 2013, 06:54:32 PM
Makes sense to be a semote. If you're blind you don't know if someone's scrubbing their clothes. And similar situations...

I would think scrubbing clothes would be audible, but that's off topic.

Back on topic: This is totes awesomesauce!  :D
Fear is the mind-killer.

I agree. Great addition.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Still a morgenes fangirl. Rock on.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

(mutters incoherently)

I don't like it....

Half of this game is -not knowing what the hell is going on-
the other half is -deffinitly not knowing what the hell it going on-

Change it back! don't give in to the masses, since when did we ever know what we were talking about anyway?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on January 06, 2013, 06:29:00 AM

(mutters incoherently)

I don't like it....

Change it back! don't give in to the masses, since when did we ever know what we were talking about anyway?

Sounds like you hate it.

If you hate it, type 'brief emote' and ignore this.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Lizzie on January 05, 2013, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: Eurynomos on January 05, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

This is excellent news, thanks Eurynomos! I use the idea/bug/typo tool a LOT, always wondered about that.

You can see in each Weekly Update exactly how many ideas, bugs, and typos we review each week.  This doesn't count the ones we need to delete for whatever reason (for instance, I typically delete bug reports that aren't bugs and will e-mail the player to let them know appropriate syntax).

I approve this update!
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

I think you still won't know if you've hemoted successfully, the brackets are there for later when you're sorting out your logs and shit.

This is a great update, thank you TS and Morgenes. :)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: spicemustflow on January 06, 2013, 02:58:12 PM

I think you still won't know if you've hemoted successfully, the brackets are there for later when you're sorting out your logs and shit.

You can't 'fail' as hemoting.  Others can fail at seeing it, that is all.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff