A world without sexism confuses and angers me.

Started by Marauder Moe, December 13, 2012, 06:02:45 PM

January 08, 2013, 05:10:54 AM #150 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:24:37 AM by musashi
I think if anything happens to your PC that you think was sexist, you should file a player complaint instead of vague booking about it on the GDB.

This is not limited to sexism though. I feel this way if you've just suffered what you think was a twinkish death. Or you think there are too many gickers in the game. Or you think someone was spam foraging, or you think someone went too far without asking for consent ... Ect ect ect.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

If there's anything I've learned in Armageddon, it's that you can pretty much justify anything with a character's background, even when it does contradict documentation - it's generally why when I see sexism, elves riding, or half-giants using "me" in place of "I", I try to react to it ICLY rather than making the assumption it's an OOC issue. It's my opinion that the only time it becomes an issue is when people do these things without being aware that it's going against documentation or the view point of your average Zalanthas inhabitant, and doing so without some sort of valid reason for their character.

January 08, 2013, 06:37:10 AM #152 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:39:10 AM by musashi
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on January 08, 2013, 05:24:45 AM
It's not current, a complaint was filed.

This is where I would leave it. I'm of the opinion that if enough reports surface among staff in a time period, then staff will make a post announcing that its a widespread problem in need of correction.

I don't like threads like these because I feel like they take outlandishly uncommon occurrences and frame them as though they're systemic problems within the player base.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Don't talk about stuff that happened with your PCs within the past 6 months.  Especially when you say that is what happened.  This thread is now locked and moderated.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Additionally, no, an official player complaint wasn't filed about that situation, and it was much less dramatic (and much more recent) than indicated here, and there was far more to it than you're implying, which is another reason why it shouldn't be anywhere near the discussion board (apart from the usual reasons).
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.