You're

Started by greasygemo, November 26, 2012, 01:13:57 AM

..Anyone ever notice.. there is just no way to use you're in an emote? The is's and are's are all wonky ...Unless I'm missing something..

:watches what #amos is doing.

comes out
You watches what amos is doing.
The guy watches what amos is doing.
The guy watches what you is doing.

or
:watches what #amos are doing.
comes out
You watches what amos are doing.
The guy watches what amos are doing.
The guy watches what you are doing.

Thoughts?
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I think the running line was um ... it'll be fixed in Armageddon Reborn  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Just be glad English is only weakly head-marking or you'd need to take a syntax course just to manage the emote system :P

It sucks, but craft a different emote. Watch <x>'s actions. Watch as <x> handles <x>'s knife.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I just do what echoes right for everyone else and ignore the little grammatical crime my end.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Doesn't always work out Maso.

> emote watches ~tiala as #tiala strip(s).

That will either echo right to you AND the hidden assassin getting off on the mudsex in the room as well ... or echo right to her only.

In these cases I go with the majority. In crowds I give the one person in the emote a grammar crime. If its just the two of us I give it to myself.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Em watches %talia sexah striptease
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

It's terrible grammar. And mildly distracting, but overall not a problem for anyone. Wouldn't complain if it was added, but there are lot more things that can be implemented that'd be a higher priority.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

Quote from: Maso on November 26, 2012, 03:25:16 AM
I just do what echoes right for everyone else and ignore the little grammatical crime my end.
This

Most of the bad grammar cases can be avoided if you simply never use another PC as a grammatical subject in your emotes. Use them only as objects or adjectives (%/^).

As a bonus, this habit makes it a lot harder for you to accidentally power emote someone. You shouldn't be emoting other PCs as doers in your emotes; let them emote their own doings. Other cases where you want to make them the subject are easy to rewrite (Watches what ~talia is doing -> Watches ~talia OR Watches %talia doings).